Chapter thirty-seven: Enjoying the little things

Start from the beginning

Beau encouraged her to say hi, knowing that as soon as she warms up to him she'll be back to her normal chatty self.

"Hi." Maisy grabbed Tyler's hand and he pretended to be hurt. "Oof, that's a firm handshake little girl. If you were in the business world I'd just have to offer you a job."

Maisy giggled and glanced at Tyler's suit, he was wearing a boutonnière with a piece of lavender attached to it.

After Tyler and Maisy were introduced, Beau and Tyler started talking again, leaving her bored of their long grownup talks.

Sawyer and Cassidy went to hit the open bar, Miles and Amber went for a quick walk around the building before they ate and danced.

Eric went to go find their table, leaving Beau with Maisy.

Eventually, the conversation got so boring to Maisy, that she started to twirl around to make her dress floof out around her.

Her dress was a nice light purple, and she felt pure joy when she saw it spread out in a little cone around her.

Maisy couldn't help but spin a little faster and change directions so the twirl would twist. She got so carried away, that she twirled backwards and went crashing into a little boy.

"Ow!"

Maisy got off the little boy and brushed off her dress, he looked about her age. He was wearing a small suit with a boutonnière that matched Tyler's earlier.

"M' sorry, I didn't mean to." Maisy tried to sound as genuine as possible, she's used to giving fake apologies for something that she did to her brothers, but this time it was an accident.

"It's okay, are you alright?" The boy looked her up and down with pure concern in his face, thinking that he hurt her-even though she ran into him.

"I'm okay, are you?" Maisy looked up from her dress and back at the boy, but couldn't take her eye off his little flower he got to wear.

"Yeah, I'm okay...My name's Henry." Henry smoothed out his suit, being careful not to wreck the delicate little purple flower.

"I'm Maisy-"

Maisy was about to say more but Beau grabbed her hand and started to lead her away. "Bye Henry!"

She called out to him as Beau dragged her away and over to their table. "Hurry up Mais, we've gotta sit down and eat now."

•.                                          •.                                •.

Eric checked the small card on the plate to make sure it was the right name, none of the rest of his family wanted to find the table first.

As he sat, a girl came over and sat in a chair across from him.

"...Hello?"

The girl looked up and then checked the card before laughing. "Sorry, my tables one over. I'm Alyssa, not...Cassidy."

She read the little card on it before getting up. "Wait, I'm Eric."

She seemed nice enough, she had on a shorter dusty rose dress, and long curled black hair.