Chapter 11 - The Goblin Village

Start from the beginning

L̶̮͂͝e̷̱̯̔r̶̤͑o̵̦̊̊ș̵̇̕ṯ̵̇͝ỳ̸̨̥u̴̦̘͋͛ẏ̴̞̣r̵̪̐͠ỉ̷̡͕̂t̸͘ͅc̵̦̈́h̴͖͠ ̵͉̮̈́m̶͚̏̈́a̴̙̰͊̉ẽ̷͔̹̃w̸̧͘e̵̫̘͐ŕ̴͓̱ō̴̠q̸̨̭͌́ ̸͎̂́t̵̩̽̄ẙ̶̘͐r̷͖̤͒͝i̴͍͌q̸̱͑̚ ̸͔͛b̸̞̦̏ȗ̶̘b̸̤̬̽̿ủ̵͕̿ş̸̫̓h̸̹͆̚k̷̖̒

Then her eyes started to glow a purple colour and a beam of purple light wrapped itself around me. Then seemingly out of nowhere a strange voice started to call out.

Superior monada
Monstrous Aura
3 months old
Upper-tier

The goblin's faces merged from faces of curiosity to faces of terror. It was almost like a switch where they went from treating me as if I wasn't even there to treating me like a king.

"Oh, haha, I didn't realise there was such thing as a superior monada. And you're so strong" The mage was sweating heavily as she said this and her tone of voice implied she was afraid of me. They all seemed to be stressed or worried in all fairness. I found it how funny they changed my opinion of me.

"I'm not here to fight" I respond trying to calm them down but they don't seem to understand what I said.

"Did you say something about fighting?"

"I don't want to fight you." I say with the strange cat-like noises coming out that if you knew what to look for would sound like words. But they all seemed dumbfounded

"Is there a way I can talk to them?"

"YOU CAN TAKE ON ANOTHER FORM"?

"Without transforming?"

"YOU CAN WRITE"

"But I don't have any arms, and their writing sustem is different to mine"

"YOU HAVE FEET...YOU HAVE THE INBUILD ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND QUEPESTIAN SCRIPT, YOU CAN WRITE IT TOO."

So I draw in the dusty dry ground the words. I come in peace. And it was true, somehow afyer putting my mind to using their writing system it just came out! It was a very strange experience.

"I don't know how to read"

"No me neither"

"Nor me"

"I do" claimed the mage, she inspected the words.

"The monada claims to come in peace"

It didn't seem to relieve them at all. Until the village elder appeared to have an idea. He then hobbled over to the mage and whispered in her ear. Due to my far superior monada hearing, I understood perfectly what they whispered to one another.

"We could get it to help us with our problem"
"You think it will do it?"
"I don't see why not"
"A monster that powerful couldn't care less about a small goblin village like ours. It's an upper-tier monster, it's as powerful as an ogre or a lamia!"
"Then it should be easy to get rid of a single army of skeletons" The word skeletons filled me with dread. Fire would be completely useless on skeletons. I supposed the acid fire might do something but it seemed unlikely. The fire nova would definitely be useless. And the spores wouldn't be able to harm them.

Perhaps close combat. But I didn't have any arms to use a weapon and it seemed unlikely that I could bite it to death. Skeletons seemed like the absolute worst option for me to fight. Unless I could find some kind of new spell to fight them off with I would be helpless.

"Can you combine the spore shot with the acid spit?"

"POSITIVE, PLEASE NAME YOUR NEW SPELL"

"Acid spore"

"UNDERSTOOD"

"Explain the effects of acid spore to me?"

"THE SPELL FORMS A FUNGUS MADE FROM ACID, THE ACID IS UNABLE TO MAINTAIN THE SHAPE AND COLLAPSES"

"So will I be able to essentially drop a mass of acid onto my enemies?"

"POSITIVE"

"And I can choose where it falls from?"

"THE FUNGUS WILL MATERIALISE WHERE YOU WANT THEN IT WILL COLLAPSE"

It seemed like it could work as a valid strategy assuming the skeletons would be hurt by it.

"Does the acid hurt skeletons?"

"POSITIVE...WITH REDUCED EFFECT"

A reduced effect would be fine by me.

"How strong are skeletons?"

"SKELETONS ARE AN INTELLIGENT MONSTER SPECIES OF LOWER MID TIER"

"So in theory could I one-shot a skeleton with my acid spore?"

"POSITIVE"

"What would the minimum magic strength be to destroy a skeleton in 1 hit?"

"CALCULATING...CALCULATING...ANSWER FOUND, 40 FOR AN AVERAGE SKELETON...44 FOR AN ELITE WARRIOR"

"Wow, that's higher than I had expected! The difference between an elite fighter and the average skeleton is that small?"

"STATS INCREASE AS A RATIO. INCREASING THE STAT BY 4 INCREASES THE ACTUAL POWER BY 1.46 TIMES"

The goblins were all looking at me. It was clear they had noticed me talking to myself. It was quite awkward. But that wasn't really relevant.

"I've decided, I'm going to help you get rid of the skeletons"

They looked confused so I wrote it on the ground.

"It says it'll help us"

"Help us do what? We didn't tell it anything"

"The writing claims that it can hear the whispering very clearly and it had good ears"

They seemed both grateful and angry. I didn't really care though. I was mostly just looking for an excuse to gather up some more levels. I had never expecting to miss the constant grind. It was dull and long but at least at the end of the day, I had felt like I had achieved something.

While out on the surface I hadn't defeated anywhere near enough creatures to gain the kinds of levels I could gather in the chasm. But at least it was more entertaining.

After agreeing to help them the goblins were far kinder to me. They provided me with food although they didn't have much. They had some old boar meat which they saved for me as monadas were strictly carnivorous. The rest of them seemed to eat some kind of potato type thing. It seemed pretty miserable to be fair. But it was the first time I had eaten a good cut of meat in a while.

They let me sleep in one of the huts by myself moving the family of 10 goblins out of the tiny hut. And I basically just relaxed for 3 days letting them pamper me.

Then there were calls. One of the goblins had spotted the skeleton army approaching. It was my time to shine.