Part two- The guard and the maid

Hi! I just wanted to say, thank you so much for 4 views! That only happened in one night! THANK YOU! I will try to make the chapters longer next, and I changed the POV :)

"I agree," said a familiar voice."but it has boring people." Y/n turned her head around and saw the knight from before.

"Um, what do you mean?" Y/n asked.

"I said, it has boring people." The guard repeated himself. He jumped down from a rather large stone that he was sitting on. "For example," he cautioned "so many clumsy children, the princess is a trouble maker, and the lack of maids- the guards have to do the laundry, make the food, and do many other stuff the maids are supposed to do." He continued on "The guards should be guarding! Looking out for the castle! Not doing chores."

Y/n just sat there guiltily. She really didn't expect the castle to be.. lacking of maids?

"Well, since you spoiled royalty won't get a butler or something, our job is being, um." He paused. "Never-mind.."

"Anyways, what's your name?" Y/n asked. She looked at the ground.

"Arcane." He whispered.

"Hm. Arcane! Sounds like a beautiful name!" She looked back up. "Where did he go?" She wondered. He disappeared, no where to be seen. Y/n picked up a pebble and chucked it at the fountain. It was sunny, but it looked like a storm was incoming. 🌩

She ignored the storm. Y/n was very annoyed. So she went back inside to explore the palace on her own.

---

The castle had four floors- the last one was smaller than the rest. She picked up her dress and walked slowly to the castle. There was plenty of windows on the outside. Y/n observed the entrance. It was had a few arches and a giant wooden door surrounded by the stone that made up the castle.

Y/n knocked the door three times. She waited awkwardly for an answer. After somewhat five minutes, the door opened.

"Thank you." Y/n replied. The doors slammed behind her. She looked around. There was a hallway, with a lot of paintings, vases, chairs, and more hallways scattered around.

Y/n spotted a maid dusting off the windows and sneezing constantly. The maid dropped the duster and sneezed a fair amount of times. 🤧

"Are you okay?" Y/n questioned. The maid stopped sneezing and then picked up the duster.

"I am okay- and you must be one of the princess?" She bowed and smiled at y/n. Y/n studied the maid. She looked rather young, and looked 16-20 years old. Her hair was a beautiful shade of brown and was very curly. The maid's skin was dark and looked clear. Y/n giggled.

"Well princess, you better go to your room!" she laughed.

"But-"

"Oh dear, you don't know where your room is? Come, come! Let me show you where it is!" The maid assured y/n. Y/n followed her up a spiral staircase.

"So..," Y/n stammered "um, what's your name?" 😚👉👈

"Oh.. I'm Amber." She hesitated. "What's your name?"