Another silence covered the table like a thick and murky fog that made me lightheaded and uneasy.

Or maybe it was the lack of sleep...

Anyway, this silence lasted so long that the distant sound of the front door echoing shut was the only thing to disturb it.

That's it. I thought. I'm done wasting time.

I scanned the room without hesitation this time, locking eyes with my best friend and brother and finally looking ahead of me to see My Brother's Best Friend.

Ashton didn't hold the same aura as Josie and Ethan. He didn't look guilty or angry.

Infact, I couldn't quite tell what Ashton's aura was. He stared directly back at me, his eyes searching mine, traveling straight past my pupils and not stopping until they reached into my soul.

I hated that he could do that to me.

I actually hated a lot of things that he could do.

I hated his need for control and dominance, the same need that caused me to break away from his calculating eyes after feeling vulnerable before him.

He shouldn't have that power, but damn does he use it to his advantage. I thought and crossed one leg above the other to dissipate the thoughts of his strong body tangled with my own.

In my peripheral vision, I could see him housing a familiar smirk as he bit his inner cheek and drew his tongue across his upper teeth sexually.

"Ithinkthisisreallystupidasweareliterallyleavinginlessthanaweekandwearebeingsoimmature." I huff out, giving a pleading look to Josie to help me out.

"Slower Becs" Ashton tells me and I feel his leg graze up my own beneath the table.

"Um, well I-" I suck in a sharp breath as I feel Ashton's foot daring to go up my white pleated skirt but try and brush it off.

"- Honestly think that we need to stop being so immature as Ethan and I are going home in less than a week and I don't want to regret not sorting this out earlier when I'm back home. You guys-" I have to pause when Ashton drops a spoon on the floor and crouches beneath the table to pick it up.

"-All mean so s-" I continued until I felt a cold squeeze on my upper right thigh.

"-So much to me and it would be a shame if we don't make the most of our time together. After all, who the hell knows when we are going to see eachother again?" I finish and Ashton emerges from the table whilst raking his free hand through his messy hair.

This boy...

"I agree with Becca, Ethan. I know that you aren't ok about the two of them but please remember that you also went against this 'Sisters off limits' rule" Josie speaks calmly, rubbing a calming thumb on Ethands hand which she held from across the table.

A chair screeching across the marble floor caught my attention as Ethan rose from his seat from beside me.

"I have to agree otherwise I'm just a hypocrite like mum." Ethan spits with distaste, which is understandable due to what she did to our family, and then shifts his attention back to me. "Just don't count on me when he breaks your fucking heart back in England." He speaks coldly and heavily strides up the flight of stairs leaving us all where we all started.

In an unbreathable silence.

ASHTON'S POV:

Ethan's petty speech was hardly a blessing.

My emotions were so mixed to the point where I found myself grabbing a pen and a hardback book to make a list of what to make of everything:

Positives:
•Get 2 be with B for the last week that we have together even though E isn't 100% ok with it.