22-

RECAP:

It was a quick kiss and was nothing compared to Ashton's lips, so I quickly pulled away in confusion.

Once I had given him a 'what the hell?' look, he finally murmured. "You'll thank me later."

Shaking my head, I turned around with the glasses, only to see Ashton's figure turning back up the stairs.

Meaning only one thing...

He had just seen Jake kiss me.

(If you are able to play the song, I have mentioned when it can be played!)

REBECCA'S POV:

Jake walked emotionlessly behind me as we wandered into the once crowded movie room.

Glancing down, I could see the half-empty pizza boxes lay in the middle of the table with Josie crouched beside them.

"I'm gonna see where they have gone." Jake spoke and collected a couple of slices of pizza as he left.

"Well that was fucking weird." Josie turned to me and handed me a plate but I just shrugged the situation off.

"No. For real. Like, Ashton left to get some more plates and all of a sudden he storms back in and then everyone just left." She continued with her hands in the air acting out her every word.

"So what? More pizza for us." I shrugged and seated myself opposite to her.

"Oooo good point." She replied and eyed up the large brown boxes.

...

The rest of the evening was spent in Josie's beautiful room. Other than the majority of her wardrobe scattered across her floor, It was fairly clean and had neutral cream walls.

We managed to binge around 5 episodes of Bridgeton before Josie dozed off, so I hesitantly turned off the laptop.

I mean, who would want to leave the smoking hot Duke?!

Deciding that I was going to grab my toothbrush from my room, I lifted her head slightly off my shoulder and shuffled out of the cozy bed.

Her snores momentarily stopped, causing me to whip my head around but I was only met with Josie's resting body.

Creaking open the door, I tried to keep the noise to a minimum as the rest of the house seemed to be asleep and I ran across the hallway and into my bedroom.

A strip of yellow light beneath the bathroom door threw me off when I entered the room, but I chose to ignore it. Flicking on a small lamp that sat on my bedside table, I was soon able to spot my toothbrush.

Glancing back at the light beneath the door, I thought back to what Josie had told me earlier.

Did I cause him to storm out of the room? -Well yeah no shit Becca. It's not like his best friend kissed you and he witnessed it happen. Oh Fuck. But why would he care? He's a player. This is what he does. He fucks one girl and then moves onto the next-

Ugh my head hurts.

Shaking away my thoughts, I flicked off the lamp after reaching for my toothpaste and tiptoed back to Josie's bathroom.

Once I had brushed my teeth, I changed into my silk pyjamas and shuffled beneath the sheets.

Half an hour of tossing and turning left me staring at the ceiling,when I impulsively jumped out of the bed and grabbed my phone and headphones.

I plugged the white wires into my phone and pressed play on spotify.

*Play song now*

I could feel the chill from the marble floor on my feet as I walked down the grand stairs. Once I had made my way to the kitchen, I turned left and used all my force to slide open the bifold doors.