Chapter 1

- Present-

Of course he lost the gamble. After almost two years, he should have known better than to put himself on Setsuno's side. Even if he had used his quirk, Setsuno could have never beaten Katsu with his kind of power. Stupid, Stupid. Now the pair of them had to do this aggravating job. The walk was too far, and the air was too cold. And the chance of them running into a hero was too high. He shook his head and a few dark strands fell over his brow. "I blame you." He glared at the gangly Setsuno who stomped in a stagnant puddle. He never knows how to behave in these situations.

Setsuno blew a chewing gum bubble and huffed, "Oh, stuff it Kage. You didn't have a quirk to help out. So, it's only fair that you have to do this job." He chuckled and reached for the door.

"Gloves!" Kage glared at his partner.

"Right." Setsuno sniggered again as he slipped on a pair of gloves and opened the matching set of doors.

Kage rode the elevator in silence, trying to drown out Setsuno's insistent rambling. Even after two years of being called Kage, it still felt wrong. Miles from home and away from he'd ever known and cared about he felt numb. My choices brought me here. He reminded himself. Everything he had worked for, built up, and achieved had been erased. Irony at its finest. The hero Eraserhead felt like a distant memory, and Shota Aizawa was no more.

Once the doors opened on the thirty-sixth floor, Kage adjusted his scarf and stepped out in complete calm and civility. Thankfully, Setsuno followed his lead. Finally. Let's get this done quickly, so we can all go home.

Kage rounded the corner of the finely furnished office suite, and finally saw him, the client, regular for the Shie Hassaikai, a man who called himself Opulent, a name Kage finally understood, considering how ridiculous the stories about him had been. "He's as ridiculous as his outfits." One had said. Another commented, "The only thing straight forward about this guy is the pinstripes on his expensive suit." And he was warned that a never-ending line of questions and demands would just flow from the well-groomed, well-dressed man.

The client looked the pair of dealers over with great consideration. He rolled his eyes. "So, this is what it's come too? They send me two sloppy, forgettable boys?" He scoffed. "A scarf? So last season." He adjusted his weight in his outrageously overstuffed armchair. "Do you have it?" Opulent looked all-to satisfied to be surrounded by four bulky bodyguards. "Do you have the product?"

And so it begins. Kage writhed inside.

After what felt like hours, Kage closed his eyes and leaned back against the wall as he answered another remarkably simple question. "Supply and Demand." He shrugged as Opulent who was twice his size, gave him a nasty look.

"If this is some elaborate trick... if Chisaki thinks-"

Kage interrupted, "If our previous arrangement doesn't please you anymore," He said reaching for the metal tin of merchandise on the table. "We know where the door is."

"Stop this! I won't have any of you take me as a fool-" Opulent reached out to stop Kage.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, buddy." Setsuno jeered, still loudly chewing his gum.

Kage raised his arm and the bodyguards immediately activated their quirks. One of them produced a third arm and a bright light flashed from the one with long hair, but Kage's scarf had already bound them. And the gun and knives once held by the others were spinning in Setsuno's hands.

"Did you really think you could take down a member of the Hassaikai?" Setsuno wrapped his gloved fingers around his newly acquired weapons. "Kage, You good?"