"How am I supposed to talk to my friends?" Christopher complained.

"You're talking to people on this thing?!"

"Hey, you know I was kidding the other day, right?" Buck asked. "About the spying?"

"Were you? 'Cause ever since I got that call, every time I go online, there's an ad for coffee maker. Read the news, coffee maker. Check the weather, coffee maker!"

Mariana had to bite down on her lip to stop herself from audibly laughing out loud at the distressed look on her man's face. She covered her mouth with her hand and let out an undignified snort as he glared at her.

"Yeah it's uh called targeted advertising," Buck informed him.

"I didn't even want a new coffee maker! The one we have is fine! I only mentioned it in front of you...and HILDY."

"HILDY?! Are we getting a HILDY?" Chris exclaimed.

"Pleaaaaase," Diego whined.

"No, we are definitely not!" Eddie said. Buck and Mari exchanged amused looks at Eddie's new fear of technology.

"Buck, can we go to your house and play video games?" Christopher asked.

Buck looked to Eddie who crossed his arms over his chest and stared his best friend down before he looked to Mariana who was studying the ceiling with her face twisted into one akin to that of a person trying not to absolutely cry from laughter.

"Uh, sorry kid. I think we're going to be playing it old school for a while."

Eddie started to walk away and Mariana leaned over to whisper to the three boys. "When dad's not home, we'll play video games."

Eddie turned at the sound of her hushed voice and narrowed his eyes at her, planting his hands on his hips. "What was that?"

"I was telling them you're becoming a senile old man scared of technology," she taunted. He marched up to the armchair and scooped her up, throwing her over his shoulder. Mariana let out a shriek of laughter and flailed her legs, knowing that he would easily be able to keep a hold on her.

"I can't hear you!" he called.

"You were already old," she yelled back. "Put me down!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't hear you because I'm old."

Buck watched the joy on everyone's faces. Christopher and Diego were cheering and laughing and it made Buck realize something he's known all along: his friends were really, really great parents.

///

"Dispatch states that the victim woke up and has lost eyesight," Mariana reminded Bobby as they approached the door. "We're most likely going to have to breach."

"Los Angeles Fire Department!" Bobby announced. "We got a call from this address."

"I'm coming! I'm coming! OW!" Crashing sounded from behind the door and Mariana shot her dad an unamused look before stepping aside for Eddie to open the door.

"Ma'am step away from the door, we're coming in," Bobby called. He used the battering ram to break open the door and entered first. "Let's get her up off the floor."

Mari moved the gurney in and pulled out a chair as Eddie helped the girl up and into the chair.

"Can you tell us about your symptoms?" Mariana asked.

"Well, it's really just the one symptom. I can't see anything," she gasped out.

"Have you been having trouble with your vision before today?" Eddie said.