XXXI. The Maiden's Gospel

Start from the beginning

"You reached that conclusion too fast! What's wrong, Garfiel?" Subaru asked Garfiel who looks at him.

"Not a damn thing's wrong." Garfiel replied and looks away.

"Subaru... If that's true, how... What did you see?" Emilia asked.

"I wouldn't say I "saw"... More like I "realized." It seems like there's not just one of these sadistic trials. There are three in total, apparently." Subaru replied.

"So... two more?" Emilia asked.

"Emilia, I have a suggestion. You might not like it, though." Subaru said.

"A suggestion?" Emilia asked.

"I could do the remaining trials in your place, and pass them. That's my suggestion. I want to be your strength. I don't know what you saw in your past, but if it made you cry so hard and look like you were in such pain... I want to lend you a hand." Subaru said.

"Huh?!" Wh-Why he would do that?! Doesn't he trust Lia?!" Puck angrily asked.

"C-Calm down, Puck! Maybe he's trying to help me, you know." Emilia said.

"And let him get improve and matured to all sorts of things? While you can't still go on yourself without our help and because people accuse you as that witch? I had enough of him!" Puck said, making everyone gasp.

"Hey! Why did you..." Ricardo uttered.

"That's not what he meant, Puck--" Emilia was stopped by Puck.

"Then what?! Explain it to me!" Puck yelled and Tanya bashes her rifle at the floating cat and puts him in a floating cage.

"Puck!!" Emilia cried.

"Halt there, Emilia. If this small beast can't accept what happened in the future and continues to yell at you like an idiot, I will be forced to put him into harsher submission." Tanya coldly said.

"I just... I care for Lia's future too!" Puck cried.

"Huh...? Care for her future? Why? If you can suggest something to us in here right now that can make her the favorites of the viewers? Can we just change the future as easy as you think?" Tanya coldly asked.

"I... I..." Puck uttered.

"Listen, everyone, there's more of Puck that we don't know about right now, that means he is an untrusted creature for us. We'll see more of your true colors in the future, Puck." Naofumi said.

"We are just at the beginning of the season and yet you're whining on Subaru trying to hog the spotlight from others. There will be events in which some of you over here will be the best people in that event. Especially to the ones coming soon in here." Kazuma said.

"Wait, more people are coming?" Reinhard asked

"Hang on! You've just been sayin' whatever the hell you want while we sit and listen, but I don't want anyone but the princess, Emilia-sama bein' the one to go through the trial. At the very least, you're the last person I wanna see gettin' rid of the barrier!" Garfiel said. Subaru remembers what he said before in the previous loop about him taking over Emilia's place in the trial.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Subaru called.

"What? You're surprised that I'm against it? You're a real dumbass, ya know that." Garfiel said.

"Dumbass without explaining why you are against it." Garfiel said.

"Uh... You're talking to your other self, remember?" Otto asked.