The flickering torchlight wasn't helping visibilty of the tiny, moving text, and Remus had the idea at the exact time as James to pull out his wand.

"Lumos."

The consistently bright white light lit up the Map better, and Peter was the one to locate Hollis.

"I got her!" Peter exclaimed happily, but was quickly shushed by the other three boys.

"Where?" Remus asked in a whisper, and Peter pointed to the Slytherin girls dormitories.

James and Sirius similtaniously checked their watches and saw that it was only nine o'clock in the evening. Hollis was a night owl, the earliest they had ever seen her go to bed was eleven at night, and that was because she had been up for two days straight studying for their O.W.L's.

"It's only nine," James said with a frown, showing Remus and Peter his watch, the glass glinting against the pure, pale light of Remus's wand. "What in Merlin's beard is going on with her?"

There was something a bit more concerning to both Remus and Peter.

"It doesn't really matter if she's just tired, why didn't she tell us?" Peter asked with a frown and glance at James for answers. "To leave without a word is just so-"

"Not her," Remus finished. "She wouldn't want us to worry, ever. Which can be a bit irriataing, but that's something none of us have been able to get Hol to stop."

"And to do it on her own accord-" James continued.

"Is not good at all," Sirius declared.

The four boys exchanged yet another worried look before looking back down at the Map at the little ribbon reading Hollis Rosier.

"Well, she's alone," Remus pointed out with reassurance in his tone. "As long as she's alone, we don't have to do anything to protect her."

All of the boys took a bit of comfort in that, but not enough to completely soothe their thoughts.

"And we'll see her in the morning," James pointed out. "At breakfast, then we can ask her what's going on. It'll all be fine."

He sounded like he was trying to convince himself. None of them could shake that awful gut feeling.

"I'm going to watch the Map," Remus said confidently and with slight disappointment in the others. "This is weird and wrong. How can none of you see that?"

James, Sirius, and Peter were all hurt by these accusatory words.

"We do, mate," James said with a slight shake in his voice. "But what can we do, she's in her dorms?"

"You're right, I'm sorry," Remus apologized with a shake of his head. "I'm just worried as hell."

Sirius clutched the Map tighter in his hands.

"You don't have to watch it alone," Sirius said with a warm tone that he rarely used unless it came to doing something to help Hollis.

"Yea," added on Peter with a small smile to Remus. "We'll take shifts."

And as the long hours of the night strecthed on until they could see Hollis, all four of the Gryffindors ended up tracking the little name Hollis Rosier on the Map until the sun peeked through the steel lined windows of their scarlet and gold common room.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

When Hollis made her way back to the Slytherin common room, she was only dimly aware of what was going on around her. To the outside passerbyer, the Rosier looked just like she did normally.

But on the inside, there was a battle raging between peace and rage.

As Hollis had stepped out of the library, there was a floating sensation as every thought and worry in her head had been wiped gently away, leaving nothing but a vague, untraceable happiness. It was a very easy feeling to sink into, the way that she no longer had to worry about anything she did.

But then there was the fierce part of Hollis's conciousness that was screaming at her to wake up. The rest of her thoughts were not her own, they were someone else's telling her to be a person that she was not.

There were no specific instuctions given by the toneless voice, only to be what was expected of her.

A haughty, cruel, manipulative Rosier who only cared about blood purity and keeping her family line pure.

On the inside, Hollis felt like she was witheirng away.

The only thing that Hollis had been able to control was herself.

And now that was gone, too.

omg u guys this is going to be so amazing - i have to much planned

1.3k words

what do u wanna see?

VOTE! - it rly helps