Beginnings Part 2

There they stood: Angel and his friends on one end, Dinobot on the other.

"What have you done with my friend?" Angel asks.

"This is still his body," Dinobot responds. "However, I am in complete control over his actions. "

"Why?"

"As your friend, he wouldn't wish to hurt you. But, I have my role as the leader to steal from you."

"You'll never be the leader of this team!!"

"I beg to differ!! I shall DESTROY YOU to gain my rightful place in the Maximal chain of command."

"You sound like a Predacon."

"I was...once upon a time. Much like Primal and the other Maximals, you humans can't do what must be done!!!"

"I guess we'll just have to see about that, won't we?! MAXIMAL POWER!!!" Angel presses the button on his Maximizer, transforming into Optimus Primal's robot mode.

"Dinobot, MAXIMIZE!!!" His tail detaches. Two extra legs form. His chest splits open as his stomach folds down. His head rotates and flattens to become the chest. The raptor's legs swing behind the chest and form arms. His upper body forms down and reveals the robot's head. The tail splits to form a sword. The new head rotates as Dinobot's robot form is complete.

The two of them draw their swords, pointing them at one another. They charge at each other, clashing and clanging swords vigorously.

"This is foolish," Angel exclaims. "We're Maximals, Dinobot!!"

"All the more reason I should lead, then."

"You mentioned that you were a Predacon. I don't know what happened between you and Megatron, but--"

"Megatron!! Megatron will fall as soon as I have your Maximals at my command!!"

"You shall not lead!!!" Dinobot breaks away from the clash, positioning his sword behind him.

"I. Beg. To. DIFFER!!!" The two of them continue to strike swords. "You hesitate, Angel. Is it because this body belongs to your comrade?"

"You want to be the leader? Lesson one, Dinobot: learn the difference between your comrades---" Angel kicks Dinobot down. "-And your friends."

"You struck me. Even with Jamie being the body to my mind, you struck me."

"Yeah. I had hope that that would leave you weak enough for Jamie to take back control."

"You did the unthinkable to save your friend. I underestimated you, Angel. You have my blessing. Continue to lead this team." Dinobot's robot form breaks as Jamie stands back up.

"Looks like I was right. How's the little voice in your head, Jamie?"

"A few minutes of swordplay was enough for him," Jamie states. "Sounds like he has some respect for you. Looks like I'm staying in the driver's seat for a while."

"Good. Let's get back inside." The five of them walk back into the base, assuming their positions at the computers. "We still have eyes on the Preds?"

"Angel?" Damian quickly responds. "You and Optimus might wanna take a look at this." Angel presses a button on the Maximizer, summoning Optimus to his side as the two of them approach Damian.

"Already?"

"That's not what I'm worried about. Why would they be on a mountain, especially after they just had their butts handed to them?"

"What do you think, Optimus?"

"Megatron wants to conquer the entire galaxy," Optimus asks. "To do that, he's gonna need a big payload of Energon. And what better place than inside a mountain, where it can't be seen from the outside?" A missile hits the side of the aforementioned mountain, revealing a large supply of a blue crystal.