𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. promises

Comincia dall'inizio

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

         jj and emily got out of their SUV, meeting with spencer at anna's house. after he left, hotch told the two women to help reid. "do any of you have a lock pick or something? i don't have a key." spencer asked the agents following him. emily reached in her pocket and handed the pick to him as he picked the lock. he turned on the lights in the house, going up to ollie's room as emily and jj went to rosie's.

         emily knocked on rosie's door as spencer knocked on oliver's. "ollie? it's me, spencer."

         "rosie? i'm agent prentiss."

         the two children opened up their doors, rubbing the sleep from their eyes, not being used to waking up this early and the sudden sight of the bright lights. "guys, these are my friends jennifer and emily. they work at the FBI with me." spencer told them as the two women gave the twins friendly waves.

"where's mom and aunt liv?" oliver asked.

"your mom and aunt liv went somewhere, but they'll be back, i promise." spencer softly smiled at him. "do you guys wanna go on a little trip to the FBI?"

the children thought about it for a while before nodding their heads. they were tired and they didn't even know what was going on, but they trust spencer. they didn't know any better than to just go along with it. the three agents helped the twins get their jackets and shoes on. both rosie and ollie took their shared tablet with them, so that way, they'd have something to be preoccupied by.

when they arrived back at the BAU, hotch let the children stay in his office. spencer could tell something was wrong when he saw hotch. after leaving the twins in the office with jj and emily staying behind with them, spencer walked back to the conference room, his eyes finding the video stream of olivia and anna back on. devin was kicking, pushing, and hitting olivia as anna attempted to refrain her sobs.

then, devin started to trace his gun over olivia's head, trailing all the way to her neck as he spoke to the team, "you know, i'm actually getting pretty bored. so, i just wanted all of you to know that after this, it will all be over. i'm also going to make this easier for all of you and say that i'm in a large building where people store things. you guys better hurry up, or else you'll have to start planning olivia and anna's funerals. good luck because time is ticking."

with that, devin ended the video again, leaving spencer to analyze his words. "a large building where people store things." he repeated. "it's a warehouse, he's in a warehouse."

penelope started searching if he owns any warehouses, which he doesn't. then, she started to search any warehouses in arthur's name. the search came up empty. derek suggested to research devin's mom and find out if she owned any warehouses before her death, which she did own one. penelope sent the address to everyone and as the team dispersed to put their bulletproof vests, spencer stopped them.

"wait, he said after this it will all be over, we better hurry up, time is ticking." he thought aloud. "garcia, you said devin's a chem major?" she nodded her head, "yeah, and he's really good in his classes, his school is offering to let him graduate early."

"was hayden cameron a chem major, too?" spencer asked her as penelope began typing away. "yeah." penelope told him.