"but they will be." julie nodded, "they know how important this is to me."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the boys were late. julie was behind the curtains and stasie was trying to take her mind off the tardiness by telling her what happened a few hours ago.

"and you decided to play country music?" julie laughed.

"remember trisha yearwood?" stasie smiled at the past memories.

"you played XXX's and OOO's?!" julie's face brightened up, "oh, i miss that song."

"you're more than welcome to borrow the CD if you'd like, miss fiddle." stasie joked.

"keep laughing." julie nodded, "but when you see me smashing it on the fiddle, we'll see who'll be laughing."

stasie frowned, "it'll still be me."

"is everybody fired up for julie and the phantoms?" flynn asked the crowd, making them cheer, "great! keep that fire 'cause that's later - we're a bit behind schedule, but don't worry, just enjoy these mind-blowing beats."

flynn sauntered over to the two girls with a smile.

"julie and the phantoms?" julie quizzed.

"i had some free time in french class." flynn shrugged, "and you'd better like it because we registered it on insta, snapchat, twitter-"

julie shook her head, "no, i love it. but i'd love it even more if the actual phantoms were here."

"they'll be here, don't worry." stasie gave her a comforting look.

flynn noticed a certain blond making his way over to them, she pointed behind julie and pulled stasie away.

"what was that for?"

"nick was coming," she revealed.

"cute." stasie nodded while following flynn back to her turntable like a lost puppy.

"keep it funky, y'all!" flynn said to the crowd.

"flynn, would you like to dance," stasie suggested the girl.

"thought you'd never ask." flynn grinned while pulling her over to the side of the stage.

"then why didn't you ask?" stasie quizzed as she slowly moved the music.

flynn shrugged before noticing the girl's dancing, "stas, come on - let loose. didn't you take dance class for years?"

"but we're dancing on the stage, where everyone can see us." stasie explained.

"and? they can observe our awesome moves." flynn took her arms and began flapping them around, trying to urge her to dance.

stasie broke out into a laugh and the two girls began whirling like maniacs, not noticing nick and carrie at the back of the hall watching them.

"i can only stall for so long." flynn told julie as she went over to change up the song, "it's eleven o'clock, "i think you should just play by yourself. i mean, holograms or no holograms, you'll be amazing."

"you'll be great jules!" stasie told her.

julie shook her head, "you saw me the other day. i can't play without them. they'll be here. they have to."

stasie and flynn shared a look before the latter relocated over to the microphone: "lookin' good, bobcats!"

as the two girls quietly conversed, nick began running onto the stage. he took the mic and began speaking to the crowd.