Chapter 7 - Evolution

Start from the beginning

"THEORETICALLY "

So I did just that. For another 5 full mana refills, I gained a total of 8 levels. Leaving me finally as a level 45.

"Can I invest my points?"

"POSITIVE"

"Will you let me?"

"POSITIVE"

"Now?"

"POSITIVE, YOU HAVE 8 POINTS TO SPEND, WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPEND THEM?"

"All on magical strength, thanks"

"UNDERSTOOD ... YOU NOW HAVE A MAGIC STRENGTH LEVEL OF 23 ... AND A STAT TOTAL OF 50"

"How old would my human form be now?"

"APPROXIMATELY 21 months OLD"

"So how fast does it age?"

"IT AGES AT APPROXIMATELY 10 WEEKS FOR EVERY MAGIC STRENGTH LEVEL YOU GAIN."

"So how long until it's an adult?"

"IT WILL REACH 16 YEARS AT A MAGIC POWER LEVEL OF 97"

"I actually meant 18 but whatever. It's clear that won't be for a very long time."

So I did the only thing I could do I continued grinding. I knew that I couldn't use the same technique on the imps as if their blood contains fire I was sure cooking them alive with flames would have no effect whatsoever.

I then continued for days maybe even a week it was hard to tell but I did manage to pick up another 12 levels. And I obviously invested them all into my magical strength as after all each time I did it my Fire nova's flames got hotter cooking the spiders faster and therefore using less mana which meant I could defeat more the next day. It almost seemed to counteract the increase in XP I needed for each level up. As I was now able to string up 18 spiders at once instead of 14.

But doing the same thing all the time was still incredibly dull. I had been underground in this reincarnated world for so long that I was considered an adult Monada at that point. I was quite worried about the lifespan of a Monada as if I had managed to reach adulthood in under a year then surely my lifespan couldn't bee particularly long.

I decided that I would leave that level and finally go out to the outside world.

I had a stat total of 62 after all. That made me stronger than most mid-tier monsters. But I was afraid. Afterall being stronger than most mid-tiers might not have been enough. I started doubting myself.

"Perhaps I should reach upper-tier first?" I thought to myself.
That way in theory I should have been able to hold my own in a battle against most monsters and hopefully also most humans and other races.

It seemed like such a good idea but I was doing exactly what I had done all my living life. Back down from the challenge due to fear and laziness. After all, I'd rather not have to try too hard in a battle. Although it was only natural as, after all, I would be risking my second life. I had spent so long strengthening it to where it was then and I didn't want to give it up just like that to either have to start all over again or never be reincarnated and have wasted my chance at a new more prosperous life.

Then I had a thought.

"Is there any way I gain become stronger without levelling up?"

"POSITIVE"

"What is it?"

"EVOLUTION...A MONADA DOESN'T EVOLVE NATURALLY WITH ANY CONDITION"

"How about if i shapeshift into something that can evolve and evolve like that?"