♡ sakuatsu - camping is fun ♡

Start from the beginning

Atsumu's grin only grew, half blinding through the dimly lit room. Sakusa felt himself weaken and almost wanted to say thanks a million times but the want to not appear weird was grander. "Okay, Omi, here's your mini s'more makin' tutorial!"

Sakusa had endless gratitude for Atsumu's wording that didn't make him feel inferior. Atsumu had a smooth way with words, it was impressive how much thought he put into his phrasing to smoothen conversation.

Atsumu switched the contraption on, small heat coming off the top of the small stove. "Okay, so put yer marshmallow up there!"

Without knowing any better, Sakusa plunked the marshmallow straight on the stove. Atsumu laughed a little, quickly pulling it up and showing him how to hold the stick.

Atsumu's marshmallow was perfectly golden brown, while Sakusa's had random darker spots and random spots that weren't cooked nearly at all. Atsumu, being a good best friend, switched their marshmallows while putting them into the s'mores.

After one cautious bite, Sakusa stuffed the rest of the s'more into his mouth and Atsumu almost died choking on his own s'more with how hard he was laughing but also being a total simp because WOW that was adorable.

Wordlessly, Atsumu began toasting a second marshmallow for Sakusa.

~

Sakusa stared skeptically at the heater Atsumu had plunked in the middle of the living room.

Atsumu excitedly plugged it in, tossing a blanket to Sakusa who gladly accepted, although he couldn't hide the blush on his cheeks when Atsumu joined him under the same blanket. "What is this supposed to be?"

"A campfire!" Atsumu grinned. "But safe for inside of course."

Sakusa hummed, it's not that he'd never sat next to a campfire but he couldn't help but feel that the flush on his cheeks was warmer than the small amount of heat the heater gave off.

The projector had been turned off and they sat comfortably next to each other as Atsumu dug a flashlight out of his pocket. He aimed it at the wall and Sakusa's was visibly confused. "Is there something on the wall?"

"No Omi! Look," Atsumu moved his hand in front of the light, making a rather large silhouette appear on the wall. "It's a person! Here is me and here is you!"

Sakusa's face graced another smile, a record number as he watched Atsumu shuffle his hands around and the shadow versions of themselves do silly things.

~

Sakusa really didn't want to go to bed.

He was having more fun than he could have ever imagined, not that he'd admit it.out loud. Still, he wasn't ready to tuck in but the constant yawns both he and Atsumu had were a tell tale sign it was awfully late, and yeah, it was around 1 am.

He grunted as he squeezed into the childrens tent next to his best friend. It was mildly uncomfortable but in the end not as bad as he was expecting.

Atsumu kicked a blanket up towards them with his feet, pulling a little to cover his side as he turned to face an opposite wall. Sakusa found himself very grateful for the extra blankets Atsumu had put on the floor underneath them for both comfort and sanitary reasons.

He couldn't sleep as he dangled his feet out the edge of the tent, curling them closer for warmth. "Uhm, good night Atsumu."

"Night, Omi," Atsumu yawned, his eyes drifting shut. "Love ya."

"...i love you too."

Both boys were peacefully asleep within minutes, paying no mind to their conversation.

~

Morning felt awkward when Sakusa clearly remembered his sleepy confession last night but wasn't sure if Atsumu was even awake to hear it.

Atsumu didn't seem to act any different, rising with a yawn and a stretch and out of habit moving to hug the object closest to him, which ended up not being an object but his best friend. Neither boy commented though, they just laid there still only half-awake.

"Mornin' Omi."

Sakusa smiled again. He watched with adoration as Atsumu curled closer to him for warmth, humming a light, 'good morning', in return. "Mmm, Atsumu I'm going to go make breakfast."

"Wait!"

Sakusa paused, turning from his now risen spot to face Atsumu again. "Yeah?"

"Well, if you really meant you loved me last night then I think I deserve a good morning kiss!"

Pink covered Sakusa's ears as he gingerly made his way back to Atsumu, bending down so he was hovering just above his face and placing a small kiss on his forehead.

Atsumu instantly turned red, throwing his head to the side while Sakusa left the small tent again with a chuckle. "Hey, you asked for it."

"I didn't think you'd actually do it!"

Sakusa rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Anyways, I'd love to make breakfast for my boyfriend and I, but it's your choice if that means I'm making breakfast for us both or you're feeding yourself."

Atsumu nearly knocked the tent over with how fast he jumped out. "You better plan on making enough for 2 by that logic."

WIth another genuine smile on his face, Sakusa set to work on a small batch of pancakes - small, but the right amount to feed 2 people.

~finished. 

it's 3:30 in the morning and i am so very tired haha
i found this s'mores maker on amazon and that was kinda this inspiration for this so here: 

 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PY05VMS/ref=cm_gf_axv_iaaf_d_p0_qd1_0Z97rBxe955I6f9btr3B?th=1
("Nostalgia Indoor Electric Stainless Steel S'mores Maker with 4 Compartment Trays for Graham Crackers, Chocolate, Marshmallows and 2 Roasting Forks, Brown")

anyways, good night :)