Chapter Ten - Hogsmeade.

"Lucky the ground was soft."

"I thought he was dead for sure."

"He didn't even break his glasses!"

Fred and George were whispering back and forth as we all stared down at Harry as he laid unconscious on his hospital bed.

"That was the scariest thing I've seen in my life." Hermione whimpered, her eyes were bloodshot from all the crying.

"Guys..." I stood up from my chair once I noticed that Harry started stirring.

All of a sudden he opened his eyes and looked around at all of us.

"Harry! How're you feeling?" Fred asked. Both he and George were splattered in mud from head to toe. Ron, Hermione, and I looked as though we just emerged out of a swimming pool.

"What happened?" Harry spoke groggily, sitting up.

"You fell off. Must've been—what—fifty feet?" George asked Fred, who waved his hand from side to side to gesture that it was just about fifty feet, give or take.

"We thought you'd died," Hermione squeaked, still shaking.

"But the match—" Harry continued "What happened? We didn't— lose did we?"

We were all silent momentarily before George explained that Cedric caught the Snitch.

"Just a few moments before you fell. He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square... even Wood admits it."

"Where is Oliver?" asked Harry, and I grimaced.

There was no way Oliver was taking this lightly.

"Still in the showers," said Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself."

Harry groaned in frustration and put his face to his knees, gripping his hair tightly.

The twins consoled him and told him that they were only a hundred points behind and could still snag the Quidditch cup.

Harry, however, still seemed upset, never having lost a Quidditch match before.

The twins eventually left and Madam Pomfrey, the school nurse, let us stay for a while longer.

Hermione was telling Harry how angry Dumbledore reacted at the invasion of the Dementors.

Harry seemed lost in thought, and then started looking around the room.

"Did someone get my Nimbus?"

Ron, Hermione, and I quickly looked at each other in a panic.

"What?" Harry demanded as he looked at each of us.

"Well... when you fell off, it got blown away," I spoke hesitantly.

"And?"

"And it hit —oh, Harry — it hit the Whomping Willow," Hermione told him and started tearing up again as she opened her book bag and dumped out the remains of Harry's broomstick on his lap.

My stomach turned as I saw Harry look sicker than I've seen him all day, the color leaving his face as he stared at what was left of his broomstick.

༻✦༺

The week passed by quickly.

I was so distracted with getting Harry's notes for his classes and then rushing back to visit him in between lessons, that I didn't have the mind for much else.