{ three }

{ new arrival }

WHEN ZOË TOLD HER MUM, NADIA, AND HER DAD, WILLIAM, ABOUT THE NEWS OF THE ROLE, HER FATHER GAVE HER A MASSIVE BEAR HUG.
"I am so proud of you," He smiled, spinning her around, "You have worked so hard!"

William put his daughter down and kissed his wife, them both smiling.
"Well done, darling," Nadia said sweetly, her Russian- Romanian accent blooming as though her Eastern European ancestors were congratulating their descendant as well.

The family enjoyed a peaceful meal together as they talked through the specifics of the upcoming trip to the USA in only a fortnight.

The family decided that only Nadia and Zoë would go as William had too much work to do with his law firm in this present moment.

As soon as Zoe left the table, she raced upstairs to her bedroom. She may have still been in her school uniform, her navy blazer and red tie removed, but nothing would stop her now that she was packing and her mind racing with the possibilities that her shorter life would hold. It brought her pure joy.

Zoë danced in her bedroom along to 5SOS, acting as though she was twelve again and listening to their music was a way to be more "edgy" than listening to 1D. At least in her part of the world. She did this until she became tired and most of her things were packed, she didn't get things done at a quick rate these days as she physically couldn't but at least she tried.

The excitement that ran through her was truly amazing, the USA was seemingly waiting for her to get there but the wait was excruciating.

Zoe went to sleep that night feeling exhausted yet finally happy though not with the dreams that awaited her.

Zoe started to hyperventilate as she looked into the mirror, tears were streaming down her face. Her medication was below her, it filling the palm of her hand. More tears rolled down her cheeks and she took a deep inhale, throwing what she could in her mouth and swallowing before throwing the rest in and just waiting for the effects to take over. Zoe slid down the wall as she started foaming from the mouth.

The next thing she knew the door was knocked open and she looked up to see her father's face and then everything went black.

Zoe woke with a start with tears running down her cheeks. She could feel everything happening again, like it was before. Exactly like it. Zoe got out of her bed and made her way downstairs and to the kitchen. Everything was dark and so she turned on a light and winced slightly at the brightness as she headed over to a cupboard to take a glass out.

Zoe placed the glass on the kitchen side and went over to the fridge to get. some orange juice. Still feeling the effects of the sudden light, Zoe poured the juice in before taking a sip and leaning her back against the counter as she did so, quickly finishing the contents.

Zoe opened her eyes, beeping around her from a heart monitor. She slowly inhaled and turned her head to see her father was asleep beside her on one side and her mother was on the other.
"Dad?" Zoe spoke, not wanting to wake her mother in fear of how she might respond. William opened his eyes and looked to his daughter.
"Hi, honey. How are you feeling?" William asked and Zoe closed her eyes for a moment before re-opening them.
"Like shit," Zoe breathed out and for once her father didn't scold her about her language.
"I'm not fucking surprised," William breathed out with a laugh and Zoe smiled before she started to lightly cry.
"I'm really sorry. I-I don't know what I was doing. I'm just in so much pain all the time," Zoe told her father quietly, still trying not to wake her mother.
"Just talk to me next time you feel like this, darling," William told her, holding her hand. Zoe only nodded.

Coming out of the flashback, Zoe realised that the glass had dropped to tiled floor and smashed, some of the glass cutting her foot.
"What happened?" Her father asked, racing in. Zoe noticed how he was still wearing his shirt and suit trousers that he was when he came in from work.
"N-nothing, sorry. Just an accident," Zoe said shakily, moving to avoid the glass so that she could get the dustpan and brush from the cupboard under the sink.
"Let me do that," William offered, taking it from Zoe as she rubbed her eyes.
"You still working?" Zoe asked her father, looking towards the clock that read 02:41.
"Yeah, a case I am on at the minute we are struggling to find evidence to say that this guy didn't do what they think he did," William answered, tipping the glass into the bin.
"Did he do it?" Zoe questioned.
"Oh 100%, but someone needs to defend him," Zoe laughed at this before taking note once again of how tired she was, "Go and get some sleep,"

Zoe nodded and gave her father a hug before heading back upstairs.

{ new arrival }