🌞Chapter 18🌻

🌞🌻

"I just want to go back home," he whispered.

"That again." Mew pushed him roughly away.

Gulf looked straight at him. "I'll say it as many time as I need to. I have to go back. I don't belong here. It doesn't matter what you think, because I am going back to Thailand."

He couldn't stay in Madina. He had no future here.

"And next time? You'll let yourself be forced into a brothel?" Mew asked, obviously not interested in discussing the topic any further.

Gulf didn't hesitate to reply, "That might be better than being in this palace."

One corner of Mew's mouth drew up in disgust. "Ridiculous."

Gulf knew it was ridiculous. But there was no way he could give in to this situation. He would have liked to list his complaints, but he didn't feel up to it.

Mew glared at Gulf severely, but then suddenly grabbed him up in both arms. Stunned by the sudden movement, Gulf was easily thrown onto the bed. He made a move to escape immediately, but Mew's body pressed down on him before he could.

"What are you doing?" he asked frantically.

"I'm just checking to make sure they didn't do anything to you," Mew said.

"Are you kidding?" Gulf screamed, stunned at his response.

"No, I'm not," Mew whispered heartlessly in Gulf's ear.

Sprawled out on the sheets, Gulf mustered a tenacious resistance, but he was in such a cruelly disadvantegous position that he accomplished nothing.

"They...they didn't do anything!" he said. "You cane before they could."

Mew would not accept the explanation. "You would say anything."

He held Gulf down and rolled up his thawb, then tore off his pants and underwear.

Gulf clawed at the sheets, rocked by a feeling much stronger than shame. It was as if the the other man couldn't believe that there existed a person who would run away from him.

"Mew..." Gulf felt hungry eyes on him and his legs trembled. "That's enough. You've seen it for yourself now," he begged.

Why are you doing this to me? he wanted to scream.

He grind his teeth together, but the only thing keeping him in check was the fact that Mew was watching him. He never wanted to reveal his weakness to the other man. If he showed it even once, he would do it again and again. And if he ever stopped thinking about what he was doing, he would begin to obey Mew.

Mew seemed to have sensed Gulf's silent rejection.

"Not yet," he said in a cold voice, raising Gulf's hips up high. There was no chance to fight back.

"Stop...that!" Gulf protested.

"You're already closed up tight again, despite everything I did to you last night," Mew said. "How precious...you're that shy?"

"Mew!"

"But you're all red," Mew said persistently.

Gulf's cheeks flushed from the lewd insults shining down on him. Mew was close enough that Gulf could feel his breath. How much did the man need to demean him before he's satisfied?

"I bet you're even redder inside," Mew added.

"---agh!" Gulf groaned.

Mew's fingers brushed across his hole, and Gulf's mind flushed back to last night. Mew hadn't been lying when he's said they would do it like it was the first time. He had been so gentle that Gulf had wished he would be rougher.

"No! No..." Gulf whispered.

"No matter how much you struggle, you cannot defy me," Mew hissed back. "I thought I taught you that last night. In my palace, you have no choice but to obey me."

"Mew---ah..."

Mew was stroking the entrance to Gulf's body. He seemed to be on the verge of entering him, and Gulf's body stiffened with anticipation.

"You'll stop refusing me soon enough," Mew said confidently. "I'll help you remember, in case you've forgotten. What was it you were begging me for last night when you clung to me?"

Gulf couldn't believe how easily Mew could say these things. How inhuman could he be?

His memories of Mew as a kind man were crumbling around him. He had always thought Mew as confident and assertive, but the man he knew never would have forced someone else to submit to him before. Mew was nothing but an arrogant tyrant now.

"Do you think...you can actually get inside?" Gulf said, deliberately taking on a brutal tone. He had to put a stop to this. He realized that there was a part of him that wanted to be overwhelmed. No matter how arrogant the man was, Gulf still found him irresitable. He had been forced to face that fact when he watched Mew storm into the brothel.

'I'll come back for you. So I want you to wait for me. Years might go by, but my feelings won't change.'

Now it was Gulf's turn to dwell on the promise Mew had made six years ago. He'd accused Mew of lying, and had been forced to pretend that he'd forgotten about their promise in order to protect himself. The reason he kept resisting now was because he could so easily imagine what he would be like if he allowed himself to be swept away.

Part of him was happy that Mew was so obsessed with him. On the other hand. Mew's feelings might cool down. Or he might get tired of him. Or his wives, consumed by their suspicion, would become jealous...

Gulf shuddered. He preferred death to having like that.

"I wonder." Mew's voice was cold. "I might be satisfied if we sleep together. At least, until we get tired of rach other."

At these words, something stretched thin inside Gulf and snapped apart.

He had done his best to protect his sanity, but his dogged tenacity was no match for Mew's words. The man would harass him for as long as he desired him, then just dispose of him when he got bored. Gulf would be able to do nothing but pray that Mew lose interest quickly.

He was different from Mew. The longer they were together , the deeper his wounds would become.

Why couldn't the man have just left him alone? After six years, he had finally felt like he was recovering. Now, in only an instant, he'd been dragged back to the same suffering that had oppressed him before.

"Give me a kiss, Gulf," Mew ordered, looking down at him.

Gulf saw himself reflected in Mew's eyes, threatening to swallow him whole. But he seemed to be looking at himself from somewhere far away.

He lifted his head from the bed and gave Mew a light kiss. Mew lost no time in holding his head and forcing the kiss to become deeper.

Gulf's thoughts evaporated. How easy it would be to turn himself over to Mew and let nothing concern to him.

He was disgusted by the part of himself, tucked away in the corner of his mind, that wanted this.

TBC