Chapter 17

Nesta

When I woke up, the hospital wing was in bright daylight. It blinded my eyes, forcing me to close them again. The aching pain in my shoulder did not allow me to move. Moaning softly, I tried to sit up in bed.

"Nes, you woke up!" - I heard a painfully familiar hoarse voice. - "Shh, don't move... The wound hasn't healed yet."

"Daddy..." - I whispered weakly but joyfully.

“I'm here, pup. Came as soon as I got the letter from McGonagall.” - Remus gently took my hand.

"Are you mad at me?" - I asked carefully.

“Mad? No! On the contrary, I am proud of you. You are a great fellow!" - exclaimed the father.

"But she saw... Dea saw my transformation."

“I'm sure she will keep your secret. There is more honor in this little girl than in all of Slytherins. She told how you rescued her risking yourself, without mentioning the animagic.” - Lupin replied calmly.

“Wait… How is she? Is she alright?"  - I was suddenly alarmed.

I didn't see, what if the wolf managed to wound her?

“She's safe, don't worry. But you scared everyone... You were unconscious for two days, Nesta...” - his voice broke treacherously.

I just now noticed dark circles under his eyes, which indicated sleepless nights. Apparently he cried a lot.

“Hey... I'm alive, I woke up. I'm not going anywhere - I can't leave you...” - I squeezed his hand.

"I love you, pup."  - father smiled.

"Love you too, dad."

We fell silent, looking into each other's eyes.

"Sorry to interrupt your reunion, Mr. Lupin, but Professor Dumbledore is calling you and I need to finish your daughter's treatment." - said Madam Pomfrey, appearing out of nowhere.

"Of course. I'll write you, darling.  Good luck!” - Remus said goodbye and disappeared through the door.

Madam Pomfrey made me drink a whole bottle of incomprehensible potion. The wound burned strongly for about a minute, then the pain abruptly stopped. The healer removed the bandage, leaving only three pale scars in place of the bloody streaks.

“You can be free, Miss Lupin. The shoulder may ache a little as long as you do not load it. No Quidditch for a week... "

"No Quidditch?!" - I was indignant.

"No Quidditch if you don't want to spend the rest of your school days here."

"Thank you Madam."

I quickly put on my uniform, folded neatly on the chair by the bed, grabbed Buttercup, who was sleeping by the pillow and ran out of the hospital wing.
I was carried immediately to the Great Hall. It's lunch time, which means that my friends there, most likely stuffing their faces with food. I tried to enter the hall as quietly and unnoticed as possible but it turned out to be impossible.  Thousands of heads immediately turned in my direction, a wave of whispers ran across the tables.
I shrank nervously and lowered Buttercup to the floor. The cat walked proudly in front of me, hissing at everyone who turned around too sharply.

"Nes!" - someone called me.

I raised my head. Dea left the Slytherin table and stood frozen between the Gryffindor table and hers.

“Dea…” - without controlling myself, I  rushed to the girl.

Amaretto ran to meet me. We collided in the middle of the hall and hugged tightly.