✔Chapter VII - That's my husband?

Start from the beginning

"You are worrying. What is it?" She asked as her thin brows tied together.

"Nothing." He smiled at her and added, "Let's go to bed."

The next day the loud shouting sound resonated from a certain chamber.

"I can care less of her arrival." Young prince, Demian Von Oskar Satonas Salamander said, not hiding the crudity in his voice.

"Your Highness, she will be here any moment now." Master Valentine pleaded and he just glared at the old man with absolute fury.

"Then let her come, I never agreed to any of the shenanigans that you are trying to pull behind my back." Prince Demian said and Master Valentine clasped his hands.

"Your Highness, she is coming for you. You know your alliance is important with her not only for her country but for your own sake." Master Valentine said and prince Demian gritted his teeth grabbing the copper glass from the nearby table and throwing it at Master Valentine. He avoided it and looked at the fuming prince.

"You know what importance she holds, Your Highness. I beg of you, it is for your own sake. You are a precious prince of the Dragon lineage, we all want you to be healthy and strong." Master Valentine pleaded.

"I am strong!" The prince thundered and Master Valentine gave him a look which made his body heat up with pure fury, the room shuddered slightly and Master Valentine eyed the intricately carved pillars of the room.

The prince fell to his knees clutching his chest and the shudders stopped, the first Prince Billard entered the chambers. Prince Demian glared at his brother, although the intensity had dropped.

"Demian Von Oskar Satonas Salamander." The way he enunciated each name of Demian made him feel the power that oozed out in the form of waves from his big brother.

"Yes, Lord Brother." Prince Demian said grinding his teeth.

"Your bride is here. We are going to receive her, I hope you will be making an appearance to make her feel at ease to know that her husband came to welcome her." He said in a voice as calm as the sea before the storm.

Grinding his teeth and feeling too overwhelmed by his brother's presence Prince Demian cracked.

"I'll be there."

Still grinding his teeth he followed his brother and Master Valentine out of his chambers feeling the lack of the comfort of his chamber. He liked being in his room away from the eyes of all of the people, away from the voices of them. It's been like that ever since he'd remembered, his brother had stood by him along with the courtiers and Master Valentine but he wasn't completely ignorant to the rumors and the stories going on around the castle and across the country about him. The thought of being tied down to a mere human girl made his blood boil and the fact that it was said that she could save him was something utterly unacceptable for him. What could a weak, helpless human girl do?

Demain walked out of the massive castle doors and watched as all of his castle populace including the townspeople were present to receive the princess. Demian stood beside his brother watching as the tall girl dressed in red ceremonial robes walked slowly up the cobbled way. The girl beside her was stiff with poise while the bride herself seemed disoriented. Demian narrowed his eyes as she stopped before them and his brother asked of their journey. Her servant replied in her stead and slowly she raised her head. He saw as she turned her head right and left not seeing him. It angered him. She was tall, way too tall for his liking.

He couldn't hear what she whispered to her servant but then her servant tilted her head and he read what she said reading her lips.

"Look down, princess." His anger reached to the point where he felt he'd explode.