"He does?" I sensed anger in his voice and I took the chance to turn him against Andrew. I nodded quickly. His expression got darker and he curled his hands into a fist. "That piece of trash. I'll kill him the next time I see him near you.".

Somehow, Ali's words made my heart skip a beat. It gave me butterflies to think that he was being overprotective about me. "No one can look at you except me let alone hit on you." he turned to look at me and I blushed.

"You're mine, Anisa. Only mine."

With a flushed face, I looked away. "And you're mine, Ali. I won't stand it if Brianna or anyone else tries to get close to you." I felt so embarrassed as I said that but it was true. And I wanted him to know that.

For a moment, he looked surprised at my sudden confession but then his expression returned to normal.

"Protective, are we?" he teased. I bristled playfully. "Why not? Your charms are only for me. I don't want those stupid girls to try to trap you. Besides, men can't be trusted."

My little speech made Ali laugh with amusement. "Well your man's different. I won't be impressed by the likes of Brianna or that girl—what was her name again?" he looked at me for an answer. "Arena,"

"Yeah, Arena. I won't be impressed by her either." he finished. I smiled at him, almost laughing. "It's more like I won't let you."

After that, we went to school. I tried to keep away from him because I didn't want the unwanted attention and the stares I was receiving from the everyone. But, Ali didn't seem to be bothered by it. I would say that he was actually pretty confident about the whole situation.

"Hey, Ali." The voice of a girl caught me out of my thoughts and my head snapped quickly towards the source. A pretty girl with freckles, short curly brown hair and fair skin stood before us. I glanced one last time at our surroundings and then moved my gaze back to the girl from the line of lockers and half filled corridor.

"Hey," Ali replied casually, his eyes not leaving me. The girl locked her arms behind her and her face leaned a bit closer to us, leaving four feet between us. She was smiling politely but for some reason I wasn't feeling positive vibes from her. "Hello, Anisa. I didn't see you there."

I was surprised she knew my name as she looked like she was not from our year.

"Hello," I replied despite wanting to leave already. She turned to Ali again. "You do remember me right, Ali?" she still had that sweet smile on her face. A frown appeared on his face for a second but it faded when he remembered.

"Oh yeah. You're… Uhh… Emily?" he asked.

She chuckled. "It's actually Amelia but that's okay. I remember you perfectly." I just stood there listening to them, feeling a bit out of place.

Although Amelia's words kind of troubled me and I started wondering how they knew each other, I kept quiet and waited to see how the conversation would turn out. "Oh, that's good to hear." Ali replied simply. He looked like he didn't want to talk to her either.

"We had a lot of fun at that hotel last month. The food was great. The rooms and everything was on point. It was the best night of my life." she winked at him and that was when I froze in my place.

As soon as her words reached my ears, my eyes widened and it took me a second to digest everything she said. I automatically looked towards Ali who was already looking at me with a regretful expression.

"Uh...yeah…"

I looked away from him quickly when he said that. Despite the tension in the air, Amelia spoke up again. "We should do it again sometime. I've heard that they're planning a trip there again next Friday." It was like she was doing it on purpose because the suggestive tone in her voice made it obvious that she was hitting on him.