𝟬𝟰. 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴

Start from the beginning

she smiles up at bokuto, but reluctantly shakes her head 'no.' he immediately frowns, grabbing his head and letting out a whine.

"wuahh! but why not?!"

"um, i just- i'm not really good at those types of things. but- but it's alright, i'll just go swing over there. okay?"

she gestures towards the swing set, and bokuto frowns, about to protest until akaashi and kuroo grab each one of his shoulders.

"c'mon, bo. let her be. she'll be real close to us- not like somethin bad will happen."

"yeah."
akaashi nods.

"ahhh, fine!!!"
bokuto frowns, waving goodbye to y/n as his friends drag him away to the open, grassy field beside the playground area.
tendou, ushijima, and semi share a few brief words before joining the others in the expanse. tendou shoots y/n a smirk and a wave as he passes by her.

ushijima doesn't give her a second glance.
not even a glance at all.

she walks over to the swings, and that's when she realizes that the ash-blonde boy lingered behind- didn't join the others in their volleyball fun. she glances up, taking sight of the edgy boy still leaning against the tube slide. she's surprised to find that his eyes instantly darted away from her's the second she looked up.

her face heats up slightly, but she averts her gaze back to her lightly swaying feet as she slowly moves back and forth on the swing. she wondered why kuroo called him an edgelord.

the boys' excited shouts and lighthearted banter make the girl smile as she quietly observes them toss and hit the volleyball to each other. they occasionally push and shove one another.

but suddenly- as she's looking at someone walking a dog nearby- she hears a creaking sound beside her.
frightened, she jumps slightly as her head whips around to her side, her eyes widened.

some of the tension leaves when she sees that it's just the angsty boy from earlier settling himself in the swing right beside her's. he looks somewhat shocked at the girl's startlement, having to roughly look away from her and to the mulch below them.

smells like strawberries. |

"s-sorry."
she apologizes quietly, rapidly tapping her vans against the mulch nervously.

"...'s fine."
he sighs out, almost as quietly as the girl.

a few minutes pass of silence between the two- and it wasn't comfortable, nor uncomfortable.

"so... you said your name
was y/n, right..?"

he says, looking over to the
[hair color]-haired female beside him.
nodding, she smiles; closing her eyes as she lightly kicks her feet back and forth. a small blush greets his face as he
and the girl gaze at each other.

"do you remember my name...?"
he asks, and the girl shyly nods before her smooth lips part open to speak.

" eita semi. "

her silvery voice says softly, and semi has to bite his bottom lip to contain the sudden wave of joy he received just from his name exiting the girl's lips. his face flushes pink as he nods, looking away.

"y-yeah..."
his grip on the cold chains of the swing subconsciously tightens as a few more moments of silence pass. he scratches his neck before he turns over to y/n again.

"do you like music...?"

"mhm!"
she nods happily, her hair swaying
a bit as she lightly swings herself.

he purses his lips.
"what typa songs do you like?"

"hmm..."
averting her gaze, the girl hums in thought, scratching the corner of her eye as she ponders her response. semi waits eagerly, staring intently at her side-profile before she turns to him again.

"i like lots of them! like, hiphop, rap,
pop- and some r&b and rock. so, i guess... quite a bit of genres..."

her voice trails off with a nervous, quiet giggle. semi looks around with furrowed eyebrows, uncertain as he vacillates over his next move.

"wanna..."
he clears his throat.
"wanna see if you know the
song i'm listening to...?"

he asks, putting a hand on one of his earbuds. y/n tilts her head at him, and smiles.

"o-oh, sure."

semi nods and hands her the earbud, and she puts it in her ear as the sound of semi's music taste fills her auditory.

i know that i'm not that important
to you, but to me, girl, you're so
much more than gorgeous.

so much more than perfect.

right now i know that i'm not really worth it,
if you give me time, i could work on it.

give me some time while i work on it.

she listens with a small smile on her face for a few moments, appreciating the soft melody of the song. the ash-blond boy beside her gazes at her with a little smirk, gauging her reaction. after the song ends, y/n takes the earbud out and reaches over slightly to put it back in semi's ear. he blushes, but quickly distracts himself and y/n with a sudden, arrogant-toned question.

"so i'm guessing you didn't know it?"
he smirks, raising an eyebrow.

he's almost disappointed.
because every time he shares his taste of music with someone, they never even know the songs he's talking about.

ushijima, after hearing what this song was called, later on confused the title for 'starving shopper.'

yeah.

.
.
.

"star shopping! by lil peep!"
y/n smiles, and semi is frozen in place for a few moments as he stares shell-shocked at y/n.

"no way."

his brown eyes gradually return to their normal size, and he can't help but genuinely smile at the sweet girl beside him. the brief, chilly breeze tussles their hair slightly as they swing back and forth; the relatively-close sound of bokuto and kuroo shouting playing in the background.

"hey, y/n."
he suddenly says, as if filled with determimation. she tilts her head at him with curiosity, humming in acknowledgement.

"my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx."
"so write it down, weirdo."