Chapter Seven

Death.

That is what The Valley of Triumph felt like on the day everything went wrong. The clanging of weapons echoed throughout the Valley, and a lot of that was from Moorhen swinging back and forth with his knifes. Earlier, when he saw the explosion in a nearby village, he ran as fast as he could towards it. Unfortunately, he ran into a Child of Darkness.

He had short hair, and his cape was pitch black. He looked like any other Child of Darkness, but this one's cape was not torn, which made Moorhen curious. 

Before Moorhen even could fully look at his enemy, he was flung through the air, flipping around and around, and he landed flat on his back. He did a handspring to get back on to his feet, and he threw one of his knifes at his his enemy.

The Child of Darkness dodged the knife, spun around, and kicked Moorhen in the head. He thought he heard his mask crack a little. Moorhen than flew into the air, drew a bow out of light magic, and he let the arrow fly.

The arrow flew through the air with surprising speed, and it hit the ground, inches away from the attackers foot. Than, the arrow exploded, breaking a good chunk of the ground off of it. The Child of Darkness was flung through the air, and he hit a wall.

He looked up, and gave Moorhen a look full of hatred. right before they could attack Moorhen again, the wall behind the Child of Darkness collapsed, trapping them under a pile of debris.

Then, a ball of blinding light flew out of the hole at alarming speeds, with what looked like two Children of LIght? No. One was a Child of Darkness. Now that the ball was closer to Moorhen, he could see that  the ball of pure light was not a ball of light at all. Actually, you could say it was if you wanted to, but the ball of light was actually a Child of Light, but they were glowing so much it could rival the light given from the sun.

It took a second for Moorhen to realize that the glowing Child of Light was coming for right for him. He tried to get away, but he was grabbed before he could even lift his foot off of the ground.

Suddenly, Moorhen was zipping around the village at the literal speed of light. He noticed the other Child of Light that was not glowing was Val, and the Child of Darkness was Lucy, but something was different about her yet again. Her left arm, the one part of her body that was touching the glowing Child of Light, was back to normal. He tried to ask Val what the heck happened, how Val found Lucy, where Anick was, who this glowing Child of Light was, and why the heck were they in the Valley of Triumph, but when he tried to ask those questions, the wind stole his words as soon the came out of his mouth.

It looked like Val was trying to signal Moorhen to do something, and he was repeatedly pointing at the glowing Child of light. That made Moorhead even more curious than he already was, so when he looked at the glowing Child of Light, he was shocked to see that it was Anick. That or a Winged Light decided to dress up like Anick, but he was glowing far more than any Winged Light should.

Before Moorhen even could look forward again, he was flung threw the air, and he landed into a fresh snowdrift. He was not surprised to see Val and Lucy landing right beside him. While standing up, he said "Can someone please explain what just happened, and why Anick has replaced the sun?" Moorhen was a little surprised to see Anick sprawled on the ground, taking deep and heavy breaths, the blinding glow already fading. He also became aware that they were no longer in the village they were just in, instead, they were on the edge of the Valley, outside of The Hidden Forest. "It's kind of a long story." Val replied, but he didn't seem nearly as surprised as Anick about the fact that they were so far from the Valley already.

"So tell me, what happened?" Moorhen asked. It was his responsibility to protect these three. The Vault elder was already upset with him for letting Lucy become corrupted, and he would get a beating if The Elders found out Anick replaced the sun. "Well, ok then" Val replied. "So basically...

...And than there was a huge explosion, and apparently that was Anick. We still dont know why Anick didn't become a Child of Darkness, and instead became the complete opposite. And then He grabbed Lucy and I, and now, Lucy is becoming a Child of Light again a guess." Val finished speaking by gesturing to Lucy, who by now, was almost completely recovered from the Darkness. Only the lower part of her left leg and her right hand remained pitch black. She was staring blankly up to the sky. You couldn't see the tears due to the mask, but you could tell that she had been crying a little bit.

Meanwhile, Anick was still sprawled on the ground. He was out cold, and his extreme glow was nearly back to his normal glow. He seemed fine, so Moorhen decided to check on Lucy, to see if she was ok.

Suddenly, she started to scream. It was a bloodcurdling scream, so loud that Val thought the earth would crack, so loud that it sounded quiet, and so loud that Anick's ears started to bleed. Then, the darkness that was retreating from her fully consumed Lucy once again. She screamed some more, and then, she passed out.

Val and Moorhen were both confused and worried. They already noticed that Anick was glowing far more then any Child of Light should have, and Lucy was infected by some sort of darkness that was spreading throughout her body, so they decided to head to the Vault of Knowledge. Moorhen had informed Anick of the sudden destruction of the Vault, but it was big, so hopefully only a small part of had fallen down, so when Moorhen and Val rematerialized outside of the Vault of Knowledge, they were shocked by what they saw.

They were careful enough to teleport not so close to the Vault, and it was a good thin that they did. The entire Vault was in ruins, and cloaked figures were streaming out of it, dragging spirits with them. Dark dragons were searching the area with their blue spotlight, but whenever it fell upon the dark figures, it did not turn red. 

Giant crabs a few inches taller then the figures were walking with scrolls and lanterns strapped to their flat backs. The cloaked figures appeared to be Children of Darkness, but some were spirits, and one of them was so scarred that Moorhen could not figure out if he was a mini Krill, or a tall crab. A quick glance at Val confirmed that it was he same case with him.

Val was scanning the crowd intently, searching for clues, hints, answers, then thats when he saw it.

It was Emily. She was being dragged by one of the figures. The figure was big and tall, and his expression basically said that he was the type of guy who trapped younger spirits in small pots for fun. This didn't stop Emily. Despite being cheerful and upbeat most of the time, she was punching and kicking her kidnapper, and Val even saw some fresh bite marks. Despite being small, Emily had done some serious damage to her attacker. He was covered from head to toe with bruises, scratches, and bite marks. He even had a broken nose.

Val was watching Emily so intently that he didn't  even notice a circle of red light appear around him and Moorhen.