Chapter five

Anick and Val were above the Hidden Forest. They were gliding as fast as they could towards the Vault of Knowledge, but if they kept up at this pace, it would be at least a week until they would arrive.

"So. What was up with those clouds back at prairie?" Val asked. Anick sighed. He really didn't want to talk about it at the moment, but Val would just ask him when he would be trying to sleep. "It was an omen. A really, really bad omen." Anick replied. "The first time it happened was a little bit before Krills and Children of Darkness first appeared."

"Uh oh. So what do you think will happen?" Val asked. "I don't know, but Moorhen has gotta know." Anick replied. Val opened his mouth to ask another question, but thats when it started to rain. They dove and took cover in a small cave, and found a den full of Dark Creature Crabs, so they found a different cave and stayed in there, waiting for the storm to pass.

"Something is wrong with those crabs. There was something.. off about them." Val told Anick. "They were?" Anick replied. "Ya. They were acting a little more.. aggressive. Do you got any ideas as to why?"

Before Anick could respond, they heard a few footsteps outside. When he and Val silently crawled toward the entrance, the face of a spirit child popped into view. Her blue, translucent body shimmered in the cold rain. Her hair was knotted into braids, and she welcomed herself into the small cave.

before Anick or Val could ask the spirit child anything, she started yammering on as if they knew each other for the past 3 years. "Wow! This is a pretty cozy looking cave here!" The spirit child spoke quickly, leaving no room for anybody to interrupt her. "You guys new to this area? Cool! My name's Emily, what's yours?" Emily asked. 

"Uh, my name's Anick, and this is Val." Anick replied. "You guys don't look like your from around here! I think I already said that but who cares! Anyways where are you guys from? You look like your from Daylight Prairie. I heard it's beautiful there, but nothing can beat Hidden Forest! You saw that crab den right? Apperentally those are my friend Calvin's pet crabs. He has a weird passion for Dark Creatures. Once, he went to the Golden Wasteland to take a bunch of pictures of Krills and Crabs. Everyone told him not to. Even the Forest Elder herself! Can you believe that? Anyways, he snuck out at night once and went to the Golden Wasteland. His parents were worried sick! But than, he came back! Without a single wound! He said that he politely asked any Krills that spotted him t not attack him. And then he did! And he also-"

This went on for the next 20 minutes until the storm stopped. When Anick and Val stood up and left, the spirit girl followed them, and she would not leave, no matter what. When the sun started to set, they built a fire for a light source. "Ooh! Are we roasting marshmallows? I brought a pack from home!" The spirit girl was always upbeat and cheerful. And the pair of ominous-looking Children of Darkness that walked up behind Anick did nothing to wilt it.

"Oh look! More people! Hi! Wanna roast marshmallows with us?" The two Children of Darkness looked like a set of twins. The boy had hair pomade, and the girl had the same hairstyle, except with a ponytail. They looked similar to the child of Darkness that Anick saw in the Isle of Dawn, but these two did not have any scars.

The boy pinned Anick on to the ground, putting himself into quite the scuffle. Meanwhile, the girl harshly threw a rock at Val's face. "Cindy, what are you doing? Trying to kill him? We're only trying to kidnap these two, not fracture their skulls!" Said the boy that was on top of Anick. "Oh. Sorry." Said the girl that was supposedly named Cindy.

Cindy tried to leap on top of Val, but he grabbed a log and swung it at her. The impact hit her into a nearby bush. Meanwhile, Anick was punching and kicking the boy that was on him. The boy tried to suck Anick's light out, but Val wacked him with his log, sending the boy flying into a tree. "C'mon, lets go! Val told Anick. They ran east, the direction that the Vault of Knowledge was in. Emily followed, letting the events around her sink in. At least a little bit. "Wait. They didn't want to roast marshmallows? What is WRONG with them??" The spirit girl asked, jogging after the other two.

2 DAYS EARLIER

When Lucy woke up, she was in the Golden Wasteland. The sand reached on for miles and miles, and there were no signs of any krills in the distance. Her head hurt, and she had trouble remembering things. "Where am I?" She muttered. Then, she started to remember a little bit. "I gotta get out of here, find Moorhen and the others and- AAGGH!!" She cried out when the pain in her shoulder exploded. It felt like she was getting torn apart from the inside, and at the same time, getting hit by 1000 krills. She had to find Moorhen and the others, wherever they were.

Then, a voice behind her sent chills up her spines.

"Mind if your body is borrowed?"

Then darkness consumed her.