100k treat! Note and extra chapter 💗

💗 Author's note and extra! 💗

Hi guys! I hit 100k a little while ago which is AMAZING!

So, I don't really have anyone to celebrate with because my family would only mock me if they knew I was writing fanfiction, and I really can't be bothered with that so... so I wanted you guys to celebrate with me!

I've just written an extra scene that fits in with the arrival at Aubrey hall, it's nothing special but just a sweet little Benedict chapter to say thank you so much.

All my love,

Ruby x

(Ps I saw this tweet and it's about a new song but it was too perfect for me to not include 😂 we stan Luke Newton x)

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

I do not think either of us realised how far Aubrey actually was from London. It was not far enough for us to bring refreshments, or as far as the journey to Gretna green had been. And if we could survive hours in a carriage with Pen, who could not keep her eyes off Colin, and Colin, who merely sat oblivious to any kind of affection, I was sure that we could survive this shorter journey together.

With his gentle arms wrapped around my shoulder, I melt into his body, the most comfortable I can ever remember having been. Everything feels so perfect at this moment, everything is wondeful and I would not wish for anything at all to change. Apart from perhaps the constant nauseous feeling that is overcoming me and is not helped by the swaying carriage. "Benedict?"

"Yes, my darling wife?" His lips are soft as they touch the top of my head, the tips of his fingers running small circles around on my shoulder to comfort me. "Is everything quite alright? You are looking particularly queasy... is it too much time spent alone with me that is making you sick, my love?"

"I believe it to be actual sickness. May we stop the carriage? I am sure... I am sure..." I squeeze my eyes shut, I can say no more, I must concentrate on not being sick all over my husband and his carriage. He does not need me to say anymore, of course, merely banging his strong fist on the carriage door so it grinds to a halt instantly and we are stopped so that I may quickly clamber out and throw up what I had for breakfast this morning.

"Oh, my poor Peaches." He is not squeamish, and I am thankful for that. He crouches down beside me, his fingers running gently along the back of my neck until he catches hold of my hair, holding it in a loose grip. His other hand holds my own, his fingers intertwining with mine, his thumb moving slowly left and right to ensure that I know he is there. "I do hope that a child shall be worth all of this hassle. My goodness, what shall we do if we have a baby and it ends up like Anthony!"

"We shall not... not ever... I shall never allow my children to grow such sideburns." After I am quite sure I am done, he takes the initiative to dab at the corners of my mouth with a handkerchief, holding onto me tightly as I slump back into him. "Anthony was only so awful since he had to become the head of the family. I do not plan on allowing you to go anywhere."

"And I plan on being around forever, Peaches. You needn't worry about any of that. All we need worry about is getting you back into that carriage, my dear, my darling, so that we may get home." Benedict leans to kiss my lips, quickly changing his mind once he recalls why we are out the carriage, and so puckers his lips onto my head once again, careful as he assists me in rising to my feet and helping me back into the carriage.

After only one more needed stop, we reach Aubrey hall. I could not have pictured a more beautiful and appropriate place for myself and Benedict to live. The house is wonderful, of course, but it is not the house that grabs my attention. It is the landscape that surrounds it, the greens and the yellows of the nature, the flowers and the willow tree that hangs straight outside the door. I can see why it is that he enjoys it here so much in his summers as a child, it suits him perfectly. "Oh... Benedict... it is so lovely!"