Story

Jack ran away from the edge of the tower and vomited. He nearly hyperventilated before getting up. "We won," he said. "We did it. Yofren lost. Lee--" He turned around. Lee was bleeding from his chest.

"No..." Jack started. Lee fell to the floor. Jack dashed up to him and held him. "You're okay... you're okay... it's just one bullet, you just need to be taken to the hospital..."

"I'll be alright, Jack," said Lee. "Our country Poplaton won. That's all that matters. Just leave me."

"No, I can't do that. You're hurt. You need to be taken to a hospital right away. Come on, Lee, please--"

"Jack," said Lee. "I'm fine. Leave me here. I'll be okay. Yofren lost, and I'm satisfied. I always wanted to go out feeling satisfaction, and here I am."

"Oh, no you don't. As your captain, I'm ordering you not to die. Please, Lee... I promised you'll make it out of here alive. We lost Jamie, we lost Martin, we lost Caesar... I can't lose you too."

Lee smiled. "After this, you will be seen as a hero. You'll have far more than a loser like me to worry about. Trust me, it will be worth it. I assure you..."

Lee's smile faded, and he stopped breathing.

"Lee?" said Jack. "Come on, man. Wake up. Don't do this to me. Wake up man. Come on. You can do this."

Jack started lightly rocking Lee's body.

"Please, don't do this to me, please... not like this..."

Jack started sobbing.

"Wake up! Come on! You're just hurt! The medics will come for us any time! PLEASE! We won! It's not FAIR!"

Jack yelled at the sky, "IT'S NOT FAIR!" He looked down at Lee's body. "Wake up! Hurry! Wake up! Wake up..."

He buried his face. "Please..."

At that moment, a grey helicopter flew over the tower and landed next to Jack. A couple of men wearing black suits jumped out and pulled Jack off of Lee's body.

"He's badly hurt! Don't leave him there! He needs help!" Jack exclaimed.

The men took Jack into the helicopter, and it flew away. Throughout the entire helicopter ride, Jack felt numb. He expected he would emerge victorious after winning against Yofren. But instead, he wished he was killed during the Program too.

After several hours, the helicopter landed at the government building where Jack spent two weeks before the Program started. The two men who took Jack into the helicopter sedated him and took him into the building.

When Jack woke up, he was lying on a hospital bed. Stan was sitting next to the bed.

"You're badly hurt, bud," Stan said. "You're covered with abrasions that could last for weeks, and broken bones were detected too."

"My entire team didn't make it," Jack lamented. "Am I really the only survivor?"

"I'm afraid so. I'm real proud of you, though."

Jack sighed. "It wasn't fair for Lee, Caesar, Martin, or even Jamie. They won this too."

"Yeah. I know. And I'm sorry."

There were a few seconds of silence because Stan got up. "I think I have to go now. I'll come back to check on you tomorrow." He left the room.

Jack started dozing off before a masked man entered the room. He slowly bent down. "The Program was just the beginning," he whispered into Jack's ear before leaving.

"HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!" Don screamed as he was being ripped apart by mechanical sharks. "I'M BLEEDING EVERYWHERE! PLEASE HELP ME! THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME! HELP!" The sharks bit off his hands. "PLEASE! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I'M GOING TO DIE!"