Chapter 1 - Leaving

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I know. I just don't care." In a second, Alyssa waves her hand and pins Josie to the wall. Students watch from afar. They are intrigued by the interaction, yet too scared to intervene.

"Funny, isn't it? That you're basically just this helpless little human girl now that you don't have your magic?" She says, bringing a hand to Josie's throat. "There are so many different ways that I could kill you, take my revenge, and you wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to stop it. Maybe I should snap your neck in the same way you did mine." Alyssa chuckles. Her face tells Josie everything she needs to know.

Josie's breathing is staggered. Tears collect in her eyes. Alyssa's grip gets tighter and tighter. The brunette could try to fight back, to push her off, but what's the point? In the blink of an eye, Alyssa could have her back in the same position. Maybe she should give up for good. Or maybe she should go with her initial thought. It has kept coming back to her and seems more like the most logical choice. Run away from the school. Away from Alyssa. So she could simply be, exist away from this place, let everyone else heal, let them live without fear while she works on herself. They'd all be better off without her anyway. Perhaps she wouldn't even bother coming back. Maybe she'd find a new school, build a new life, and become a new person.

"But death would be too kind," Alyssa states, releasing her hand, still keeping a magic hold on Josie. "So instead, I promise you this. I will make the rest of your days at this school a living hell. And who knows? Maybe you'll get lucky and I'll spend the rest of your days after school getting some payback too."

Then, Josie thinks about leaving again. If Alyssa really wants to get to her, then being far away from her family and her friends, the ones that she still has left, would be the best thing she can do. It would keep them safe from Alyssa, and safe from her. She is damaged, broken beyond repair. They don't need her.

She feels her emotions building, and when Alyssa makes it clear that she's done for the moment, Josie runs off to the first place she thinks of, where she knows there would be no other people at that time of day. A place where she can be alone to let her emotions out. If she turned back, then she see who is facing Alyssa, with a look on their face that could kill even the world's most fierce and unkillable villains.

"What the hell was that?" Hope growls, pushing Alyssa into the very position she had Josie seconds ago. Hope had gotten there right at the end, in time to watch Alyssa let the girl go and see Josie run off crying.

"What do you mean?" Alyssa smirks, and that angers Hope further. Further, to the point she's losing some control, and her eyes shift to yellow, tinting the corners of her vision. She feels venom pooling in her mouth, and her fangs are ready to rip Alyssa's throat out.

How dare she do that to Josie?

"Don't play dumb! You know what you did!" Hope yells at her. The crowd is still there, watching with their curious eyes, but Hope doesn't care. Alyssa had hurt, and probably threatened, one of the people that she cares about most. That has earnt her a taste of her own medicine. A little threatening done the Mikaelson way.

"She started it. I was just returning the favor. If you wanna protect your little girlfriend so badly, I'm more than happy to take my revenge on you too. Might make things interesting." Alyssa keeps up her confident look, despite most definitely being a little bit scared. Everyone knows not to pick a fight with Hope, yet here she is, doing exactly. And she's not about to back down just yet.

Hope ignores the 'girlfriend comment' as much as she can, repressing the blush that is about to form on her cheeks. She shakes her head to forget all of the fantasies that came to her mind, fantasies that she doesn't need, that she doesn't understand, that she didn't know her mind could even create.