"Hello miss, I heard you were looking for a job? Good. Because we have some openings in the maid quarters. Some of our older maids retired and with the banquet coming up we need all the help we can get. Follow me please." The scrawny older women rambled on and on.

I smiled at her gently and nodded. Her face had gone slightly red from saying so much in one breath.

"What's your name?" She asked, curiously glancing to me.

"Elide..... Elide Asp." I said quickly forming a fake last name.

I had no issues with people knowing who I was, but if i got into trouble here i didn't want anyone to be able to track me back to my family. Not that i was planning on getting into trouble, but just as a precaution.

"Pleasure to have you here Elide. I'm Rusè, the head maid." I nodded towards her and smiled. "I overheard you saying you were looking for a job, correct?"

"mhm, I'm willing to do any job you give me. I'm good at cleaning and baking, but i'm also good with animals and children. I could learn how to garden, and... and-"

"You will work as a maid. I'll show you where the kitchen is and where your room is. You start tomorrow. If you ever need help, ask another maid." Rusè cut off my rambling.

I nodded at her.

"Thank you, I won't disappoint."

"I sure hope not." Rusè mumbled under her breath.

—————

Rusè had shown me the main kitchen, the greenhouse, the laundromat, the garbage shoot, the maid quarters and my bed, the banquet rooms, and the dining halls. This castle was huge. I had tried to make a mental map of everything, but i'm sure i'll get lost.

I was now sitting in the maids quarters on my bunk bed. I hadn't brought anything with me except my satchel and the clothes I'm wearing now. That's going to be the first thing I do when I get paid, buy new clothes.

The castle provides maids with their everyday uniform and a formal uniform plus shoes to go with each, they provide the maids with housing and food as well. If I ever wanted to leave the castle, I would need different clothes.

I sighed thinking of how I'm going to divide my paycheck between my family and myself. I don't need to worry about food or housing. Only clothing. I could give most of my paycheck to them, and save a few coins for myself.

I bit my lip.

'What if the money isn't enough for me and them? What if there's only enough money for one person? I'll take the money for the first paycheck and get myself new clothes, every paycheck after that is going to them. I don't need any extra money to treat myself. If i want something that badly, I can pick up extra hours.'