thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

[ mad ]

❑❜

YOU TOOK SMALL steps towards the library, not really in a hurry to get there. Because you know a certain chocolate haired boy would be waiting for you there already. And it's become so daily you forgot what your previous routine was.

On Fridays, you would eat lunch with oikawa, iwaizumi and the others. They warmed up to you as you did with them, and now you had a lot of fun whenever you were with them. Honestly, you kind of shipped Makki and Mattsun.

They look cute together.

Meanwhile, on Monday until Thursday, Oikawa would always wait for you so you can have lunch together.

As you opened the doors to the library, your eyes widened in surprise. There was a lot more people in here than usual.

The library was packed to the bone, okay, a bit of an exaggeration but there was a ton of people. Everyone was whispering and talking to each other, pointing and gossiping. You had absolutely no idea what they were doing here.

You arrived at the counter after avoiding the clumps of people hanging around. You avoided them like they were a disease. You couldn't stop the frown that was forming on your face.

Tona had already gone, so you were left to manage this ocean of people. Alone.

You reluctantly scanned everyone, trying to understand why they were all here instead of the cafeteria because it's lunchtime. You're pretty sure they didn't come here for the books.

You were lost in thought when suddenly two people made an appearance in front of you. A girl with a blonde bob cut and a red head which you painfully knew who it was.

Kiyani.

Right, that girl who's obsessed with Oikawa and can't seem to make peace with the fact Oikawa doesn't want anything to do with her. You admire her determination though.

And quite frankly, a beautiful girl like her shouldn't be chasing a guy like Oikawa.

"Heyy girl." Kiyani puts on a sickeningly big smile on her face which you knew was fake. It was quite obvious.

You raised an eyebrow at her. She rolled her eyes with a scoff. The blonde beside her was blatantly skinning you alive with her eyes.

"So, Oikawa's been coming here during lunch often. I can barely talk to him anymore." the red head let out a sarcastic giggle, nudging her blonde friend.

"Rumors say he's secretly dating someone, and this is where they always go." the blonde snickered.

You looked at them confused, "And you're telling me this because?" you asked, as politely as you could which wasn't really polite at all.

"Don't act dumb, tell me who he's meeting or dating. I need to KNOW." Kiyani glared at you as if trying to intimidate you but you weren't fazed the slightest bit.

"I don't know what you're talking about and even if I did, it would be none of your business." you gave her the most blank expression you could muster. "What are you to Oikawa anyway?" you asked her that just to rile her up.

"Stop being a bitch. You're that irritating library assistant, right?" she hissed lowly. "So you're the one who caught us making out on one of your rickety shelves." she smirked.

The blonde girl beside Kiyani gave you a taunting look.

"Last time I remember, that was five weeks ago." you clapped back, calmly. "How's that working out for you?"

"Don't talk to her like that!" the blonde girl reached over the counter so she can grab your hair but you swerved just in time.

By this time, everyone's attention was on you and the girls in front of you. You grew irritated.

"If you attempt to harm a staff or a student, I will report you to a teacher or the principal." you told them.

They didn't budge, they still had the hateful look in their eyes which were directed to you.

"Pussy." The blonde spat out.

"Hey now, I don't want any trouble. I suggest you two to leave." you sighed in exhaustion. A headache was slowly ensuing in your head making you oblivious to the person who just walked into the library.

"You don't tell me what—" the pitch in Kiyani's voice grew higher as she spoke but then she was cut off.

"What's going on here?" Oikawa asked, gritting his teeth. He looked mad.

Everyone started to step closer and you wanted to just curl up into a ball and hide yourself under the counter.

Oikawa looked at you, skimming your face before putting them back on the red head and her friend.

"Oikawa-senpai! You're finally here! We've been waiting for you." Kiyani smiles big and wide, throwing cheery eyelash flutters towards Oikawa's way.

"You should leave." Oikawa said with finality. And according to his face, he was not at all joking.

Kiyani's smile was wiped off her face and was replaced with a frown. Her blonde friend looked like she wanted to leave immediately.

"W-what? Why?"

"You heard me. Leave before I make you." An icy chill could be felt around the room as everyone went quiet. You were holding your breath, you've never seen Oikawa like this before.

The two girls ran out of the room with their tails in between their legs. Kiyani, however, didn't leave without giving you another one of her glares.

When the girls left, everyone started talking over themselves, trying to get Oikawa's attention. But the latter was still in a rough mood.

"And all of you too. Anyone who's here for different reasons other than borrowing or looking for a book, leave as well." he snapped, looking around at everyone.

And soon, they too left, avoiding Oikawa's glares.

That left the two of you inside the library, a deafening silence hanging in the air.

It was actually scary how everyone followed everything Oikawa instructed. They didn't even try to argue or disagree, they willingly did as he said. Is this the perks of being popular?

 Is this the perks of being popular?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.