To protect

Lidusis' POV

"Rood.." I whisper in worry,

after the rest carried me back, leaving Rood and that black-haired guy together with the two ogres,

I've been worried ever since.

A minutes have passed and I'm still waiting for them to return back.

'If only I'm stronger..'

"Lidusis?"

"Yes?" I reply Dio who are currently sitting next to me on the rock.

"It'll be alright. Rood is strong, he can protect himself."

'Yet you have the same worried face as I do..'

I nod, trying to assure myself that he'll be alright.

I look down and shadowned my eyes, truth be told I was afraid of leaving the school. The outer world seems scary but without Rood and Dio near me, the thought itself is much more scary than being alone.

"If only I could become stronger.." The words slipped my mouth, I quickly close my mouth and look away, hoping that no one hears it.

A second passed and I swear I heard Dio muttered something, I look towards him, "Dio?"

"Lidusis I don't think Rood'll matter if you're strong or weak."

'So he heard..' I think.. I could tell him my problems afterall we're friends.. Just hoping that Rood didn't hear this.. now it'd be embarressing.

"This mission Rood's having.. It'd be dangerous isn't it?" I say quietly, looking down to the ground.

"Hmn.. probably. knowing that.. nevermnd."

"? I see.."

"You're afraid aren't you Lidusis?"

"No.. But if you think of it as dangering Rood with me tagging along.. yes.."

"What makes you say that?"

"I.. I have always been weak.. My brother hates me and I couldn't save my childhood friend.. I would probably be a hindrance to Rood since i'm wea--"

"You're not weak, Lidusis. Even if you are, Rood's won't abandoned oyou and neither I will."

"Dio.."

"If you're weak then you need to become strong. Strong enough to protect yourself and the person you care.. Thta's what Rood will probably say in this situation." Dio laugh cheerfully, trying to lessen the tense atmosphere.

".. Yes, you're probably right." I reply back, a small smile on my face,

"I'll become strong for my sake, and for my friend's sake." I look up to the sky and a with a resolve, I took out my sword that was inside my travelling bag.

Dio smiled, "You once protect me with that swords."

I smile back towards him, "And i'll continue to do so for my friends."

And with that we laugh together, not noticing a figure hidden on the trees.

Rood's POV

"What's the meaning of this, blackie?" After the two ogres announce the war, we both left the settlement and wlak back towards where the others are,

'Ignore. It'd be bad if he knows more than this.'

"F-CKING BLACKIE ANSWER"

Shicmuon suddenly shove me towards a tree, both of his hands trapping me in between.

"Do you know this all along?"

"Shicmun, move."

"Blackie. Answer."

Sigh.. 'Why's he here anyway.'

"It's none of your concern." I shove away his hands, but before I could take a step, he trapped me again, leaning closer from my own comfort.

"It is. I'm a human too."

'Too troublesome.. But I guess..'

I close my eyes and sigh, opening them half while I emit small amount of my killing aura, "You'll soon know." And with that he releases me.

"Ara, what are you two doing?" Rubymonter's voice interrupt us,

"Did you two-- Ah, sorry for interurpting then." She said in a mischievous voice and a small grin on her face,

'?'

"What do you mean?" Me and Shicmuon says in synch, we look at each other in confusion,

"It's nothing~"

'...'

"Anyway, Dio and Lidusis is there." She said and points towards the tress,

"Don't be noisy though, if you want to hear something interesting." Then she left, probably finding Gamode and Elzeble.

'Really though, she's a weird person.'

And so we walk towards Lidusis and Dio are.

.....

.....

....

"Really now, Lidusis.." A troubled look on my face, yet smiling, knowing that he's worried about me.

Unaware of Shicmuon's frown.