Girl meets Sweet Sixteen Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Smackle, we just got born." Mr.Matthews tells her.

"Okay. I'll wait." She tells him.

"Our first birthday." I say looking at our teacher.

"Okay, birth. So then, we celebrate our birth every year. What's next?" Mr.Matthews says continuing to ask the class for landmarks.

"I win the Nobel Prize for Physics." Smackle says again.

"Not yet." Mr.Matthews tells her.

"Get to it!" Smackle yells.

"Our first steps, our first words, our first day at school." Zay speaks up.

"Yay! The day I met Riley and Maya and Smackle and Lucas and Zay and Ari" Farkle cheers as everyone else groans at the thought of school.

"Okay, so we get born. We learn to walk and talk. We meet our friends. Then what?" Mr.Matthews asks looking at the class.

"You know" Smackle says pointing her finger towards him.

"Then we grew up and we're not little kids anymore." Ari speaks up smiling softly. "And it went by fast, didn't it?"

"It goes by very fast, Ms.Black. Your adventures were my adventures not very long ago. Then we have our various coming of age ceremonies." Mr.Matthews says as he walks around the classroom.

"Oh, you mean like" Maya starts to say.

"I want us to have a Surprise Sweet Sixteen party." Riley says happily.

"Riley, how is it a surprise if we all know about it?" I ask confused.

" 'Cause we're gonna have it now while we're all 15 and you're 24." Maya says causing me shake my head before I hear Ari's giggles.

"Really Angel?" I ask jokingly looking at her causing her to nod as she continues to giggle.

"Okay, everybody, make a big surprise face." Riley says as everyone mocks surprise.

"Yeah, don't do that. And anyway, it doesn't matter. It doesn't count. I mean, it must have been a "Sweet Sixteen" for a reason. Why? I don't care." Zay says not moving as he continues to look at his notebook.

"Well, now actually, Zay brings up an interesting point." Mr.Matthews says from the front of the class.

"No, I don't." Zay responds shaking his head.

"Riley has an instinct to accelerate the clock. Why do you think that is?" Mr.Matthews asks the class.

"Because I want a party." Riley responds.

"Try again." He tells her.

"Well, 'cause I agree with Zay. We are growing up very fast." Riley says looking towards Zay.

"What? You agree with me?" Zay asks her.

"Yeah." Riley tells him nodding causing him to gasp and make a surprise face.

"Okay. Yeah, that was fun. Hey, but watch this surprise face." Zay says making another surprise face, "Okay, only one was fun."

"Okay, so there it is, freshmen. You guys are all gonna be 16 or 17 in your junior year. You're gonna be thinkin' about where to go to college." Mr.Matthews tells us.

"Stockholm University so I can be nearby to pick up my Nobel Prize." Smackle interrupts as she states her plan.

"We'll talk." Farkle tells her as he turns around.

"We'll talk in Swedish." She says.

"Okay, Smackle has her life worked out. What about the rest of you? Are you better off letting life surprise you or is there a way to be ready for whatever is gonna happen?" Mr.Matthews asks as he looks around the class.