35.🏴‍☠️💙⚔️💜🧜🏻‍♂️🧙‍♂️

Start from the beginning

I wanted to shoot him, but he was swift, knocking out my guns. I got to only make a little wound on his shoulder. "Oh my... What a beautiful boy! I did see you several times... Truly a sight to see..." He mused. I blushed a bit, but stil, I tried to punch him. He dodged, making me punch another enemy square in the face.

"You know, cutie, I do have an offer for you!" he said as he dodged another attack and also slayed a mariner's hand before it could attack me. "What offer?" I said as, again, I tried to attack him.

"Well... Join me... Be my third in command... I did see that you are uncomfortable with the idea of killing someone... And great news... Dice has the first rule to never kill somebody... Of course... You will have your room, you will get good food and also get protection from my crewmates and me..." He mused on a playful tone.

I did blush a little. Even if I don't know who it is under that mask, I couldn't help but fell in love with his playful persona and his smart tactics and plans. And the fact that he has a politic of no killings, the fact that he really cherishes the life of the others, even if he is a pirate. It's just perfect in my opinion.

But the offer means I would betray Kaito and my friends from Luminary. I will turn my back on years of sailing together and all the adventures we had.

"I-I..." "You don't know?" He asked me. I only nodded my head. I don't want to say no to the offer... But also... I want to not betray my crewmates and my captain. "Understandable... I will give you time to think about it..." He said.

And then... Just like a ghost, he tossed me my gun and leaved to fight others. All the time we discussed, he always singed his sword to protect me from the enemies. He did really care when he proposed that offer to me. Now I am more conflicted.

No one pov:

Lost in thoughts, Shuichi didn't see a mariner that came awfully close to him, knife in hand. "Sidekick! Watch out!" The captain screamed, getting the attention of the blue male and also someone else.

Shuichi got some steps back, gun in hand, as he tried to shoot, but the said mariner knocked him out with a stab in the stomach, making Shuichi fall over the railings of the boat and straight in the agitated sea.

Kaito got to the railing, looking there for any sign that his sidekick is alive and trying to get to the surface, but someone already jumped in the sea, after the said boy.

Shuichi only saw a glimpse of purple and white, as well as a big fin, before blacking out. Kokichi was extremely worried, as he gripped the boy and with his big tail, he got him to the surface. He still had his upper clothes on, looking from the surface just like he didn't change one bit. His big tail was keeping him and his beloved to the surface.

Kokichi secured Shuichi on his back, as he grabbed from his back the trident. "Dice! Retreat!" He yelled, making all of his crewmates nod a bit and then retreat as fast as they could.

Kokichi closed his eyes as his hands had a purple glow, the trident glowing faintly as well. One swing of the said weapon, and a gigantic wave washed away the mariner's ship, but because the mariners are no quitters, they changed their tactic to the cannons.

Kokichi heard the said cannonballs shoot. He wanted to make a spell, but it was too late. The projectiles pircered trough Dice and Luminary, makings the 2 ships sink slowly in the sea. Kokichi watched in horror as his crewmates and the ones from the Luminary were scrambling panicked on the deck, trying to save as much persons as possible.

With anger, the said merman made a quick circle motion with the trident, making on the sky a storm to appear. A powerful storm that only followed the mariner's ship that sailed away in hopes of escaping the storm.