"The Final Testimony"

'...Just before it happened, I think I saw some red lights. Three of them, I thought I'd ask for help, but... just then I was splattered with blood!, She wasn't dead though... And she struck back at the enemy behind her, Suddenly, the red lights went out and the whole area was dark, ...Just at that moment, there was a horrible scream!, Right after that... Dahlia collapsed and I lost consciousness'

'these red lights... I thought you said you don't remember seeing them!'

the judge said, maya shook a bit as she really didn't know how to remember the scene properly

'I-I'm sorry... I thought I saw them, but then they disappeared all of a sudden...'

'it's fine, let's just get with the cross examination'

phoenix reassured, as he started to re-read the testimony on his notebook, ..though he knew she wasn't lying, their was something off about her fifth statement, so he asked her on it

'"Just at that moment"? Do you mean the moment when the red lights went out?'

she nodded

'...Yes, that's right.'

'The scream that you heard then, was it Dahlia Hawthorne?'

he asked, maya went into thought, ..now being completely honest

'... I don't think so. I'm pretty sure... ...it was a man's voice.'

the judge nearly collapsed at this point from all the surprises and shocks from the court today, as he stammered on his words

'Wha-Wha-Wha... Whaaaaaaaat!? S-So then, that scream came... from the killer!?'

'yes'

phoenix replied simply, as if it wasn't shocking news at all, the judge looked around franticly in shock, hoping he wasn't the only one

'Hmm... Hmmm... Hmmmm...!-'

'GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF!!'

phoenix ordered, yelling at him, the judge nodded at once, shuddering before his terrifying glare 

'y-yesir!!'

maya's voice cut them off

'I think... ...Dahlia Hawthorne must have taken the blade and attacked the killer with it'

the judge then chimed in

'And then the killer let out a scream of pain, huh?'

'After that, the killer stole the blade back and delivered the final blow... I guess.'

she concluded, giving it her best guess, the judge looked over at phoenix for his opinion on the matter 

'...Well, Mr. Wright? It seems to make sense to me...'

'I'm sorry violet, ..but that interpretation would create an contradiction, your honer remember the testimony she gave. Before the killer let out a scream, Maya said she had already been splattered by the victim's blood,  the blade in the staff had already been plunged into the victim'

maya jumped at this as she stuttered

'Ah...! Is-Is that right...!?'

he nodded 

'She couldn't have struck back with a sword that was already stuck in her body, The weapon that caused the killer to let out a scream, must have been something other than the staff'

godot then interjected

'if you're so sure about that, then don't keep us waiting any longer, Trite, if Dahlia Hawthorne had already been stabbed in the back by the staff... ...what could she have used to strike back at the killer?'