Chapter 3

~Enjoy!~

Y/n's POV
I was currently helping a boy with weeding
"N/n can you fetch some apples for Frypan for me please" Newt asked me. I nod and walk over to a group of boys surrounding a tree.

"Newt said that Frypan needed some apples, I'm here to pick some up" I say. "Your in bad luck, all the good and grown ones are up high, we can't get them" Alex (I'm going to name boys random things)

"I could get them!" I say. They turn to me. "Ok n/n go ahead" James said motioning me to go.

"I might need some help getting on the first branch" I say, sheepishly. The boys chuckle as they come forward.

I grip the branch as I get hoisted up. Apparently every boy in the glade came and watched as I started climbing.

"Be careful!" Alex yelled. "I'm always careful now pass me a basket!" I yelled back down. They thew me up a basket and I started pick apples.

I heard a little snap but ignored it thinking it's a smaller branch from above. I soon had a full basket of apples.

"Ok I'm coming down!" I yell. I drop the basket of apples, Making it fall into James arms.

I started climbing down when I hear a little snap of a branch. My eyes widen as I feel the branch drop from under me.

I let out a little help as I land in someone's arms. I look to see Newt's face right next to mine.

"Hi" he says. I blush at how close our faces our. "Hi" I say back. I realized that my hand was in his chest.

He let's go if me carefully. "What did you think about sending my little sister up a tree?!" I heard Gally yell at the apple pickers.

"Gal" I say. But he stared at the boys. "You shanks could've hurt her!!" He yelled again. I walk up to him and pushed his chest lightly.

"Gally they didn't force me to go up, I went up by myself" I say. Gally looks at me and huffs. "Whatever, but if you get hurt again because not gardening or doing anything for these boys, I'll blame it all on these shanks" Gally said and stormed off.

He didn't like it when I got hurt. He would get all protective and angry.

"Oh Frypan your apples!" I shout at Frypan, grabbing the apple basket. "Thanks n/n" he says, and walks away.

"Ok boys back to work!" Alby yelled over all the boys.

Chuck ran up to me "how can you guys slaughter those poor animals?!" He said. I chuckle at him.

"Cause that's how we get our food greenie, all our meat is from those animals" I say. He grimaced.

"I'm never eating meat again" he grumbles. "Well ya have to shank, or else your gonna starve" I say walking away.

Chuck catched up. "Can't I eat the plants?" He says grabbing a near by leaf and putting it bed his mouth.

"Well, some of the plants our poisioness" I say plunking the leaf from his hand before he ate it "and that we don't have as much vegies and fruit as much as meat" I say, throwing the leaf away.

"Now go on chuck, are day isn't done yet" I say walking towards the weeding area.

Third person
Outside the maze, Thomas watched from the camreas, admiring the girl. He felt guilty that she was put in such a terrible place.

He would watch her day by day, never leaving his post. He always checked her health to see that she was ok.

Before she was put in the maze, her and thomas were the best of friends along with Newt.

But thomas more than friend ship, but he knew that the times they were in wasn't the time for love.

"Are you ok Thomas?" Teresa asked. Thomas nodded keeping his eyes on y/n as she plucked the leaf out of chuck's hand.

"I know you miss her Thomas, I do too, but it's for the best" she says before turning back to her screen.

"Teresa how long do you think they can do this?" Thomas asked. She turns to me confused. "Like we can't keep them like this, they are obviously suffering enough" thomas says.

"Is there a problem thomas?" Thomas heard janson's voice ring through the room.

"Yes sir, but I was wondering if I could go to the toilet?" Thomas asked. The man nodded at the boy. Thomas turned towards Teresa.

"Met me in the coding room" he whispered before going to the 'toliet'.

~Chapter done!~