Chapter 25~ Step 1

Draco was sitting down alone in the common room when Teddy and I came in.

"I can't believe Umbridge gave us detention, why didn't you try to work your way into her mind?" Teddy asked as he slumped back onto the couch.

"It's the way in," I said as I sank down into the seat next to him. Draco's brows were furrowed as he read a letter in his hands.

"Draco are you okay?" I asked him I could sense waves of panic coming off him.

"Yes, everything is fine" He said his tone harsh as he pulled at his hair.

"So, your seething for no reason because everything is all good and dandy?" Teddy asked incredulously voicing my exact thoughts. Draco pursed his lips his breathing becoming heavier.

"Hermione's a muggle born, Aunt Bellatrix caught my lie and she's threatening to expose her," Draco said.

"so what? You still like her?" Teddy asked. Darco looked up his blue eyes wide in shock as he looked at Teddy.

"Do you not care?"

"Not unless you do," Teddy said shooting me a sideways look his eyes circled around the room and I nodded silently muting our conversation.

"Draco, how would you like to end blood status divisions?" Teddy asked reclining back crossing one ankle over his knee while his arm slid around behind me draping over the back of the chair.

"I think your talking of Treason against the Dark Lord, your Father Theodore," Draco said leaning forward bracing his arms on his knees.

"No strings attached in a hypothetical sense Draco," I told him probing his mind to try to get a sense of his thoughts. I pushed a little harder at one point and his eyes flicked to mine and I knew I pushed too hard.

"What do you want Jade? If we succeed you will become the Pure Blood Princess of the Wizarding world and live life in luxury and comfort while raising little pureblood babies to serve the Dark Lords plans?" Draco asked his voice sharp and filled with malice. Reminding me of the first time he talked to Potter and mentioned Weasley's family. That tone signaled he didn't like the way things were. He wanted change. He wanted something other than what he had right now and I knew.

"I'll never be Queen Draco. Queen is what I want, and under the dark Lord I will never have it but with Teddy, I will be Queen, with Teddy we are going to change the world," I said daring Draco to challenge me.

"With you both, I want to be able to marry whomever I want and I want respect."

"Done," Teddy said standing up to shake Draco's hand, before pulling him in close, he whispered something I couldn't hear into Draco's ear. Draco's face became grave before he nodded and walked away.

"What did you say to him?" I asked as Teddy sat back down.

"Respect is earned,"

Walking into Umbridge's classroom I felt all the eyes shift to me. The Room was filled with mostly Gryffindors and only two seats open in the room on opposite sides. I saw one next to Fred Weasley and walked over sliding into the bench next to him. Teddy sat down across the room nodding to me before sliding in next to a terrified looking 2nd year.

Professor Umbridge walked to the front of the class tapping her wand against the board.

"Good evening students, I will pass out special quills for you to write lines until the message sinks in, I believe at least thirty lines minimum will be required." She flicked her wand and boxes of quills floated down the aisles. Then a second batch of boxes floated down the aisle they were empty "place your wants into the boxes when they come by," Umbridge said her face morphing into a sickly-sweet smile. "I wouldn't want any of you students trying something naughty," I grabbed a quill from the box and grimaced. It was a Black Quill this message was going to leave a nasty mark. As the empty box stopped at my desk I paused, "never give up your wand" had been one of the first rules drilled into my head by my aunt and uncle. Now this Ministry Backed professor was trying to make me break it. Reluctantly I slid a quill into the box focusing my mind to make it appear like my wand to Umbridge who smiled like she had won a little victory while I danced inside her head. Out of the corner of my mind I saw Fred Weasley watch in amazement at what I was doing. I focused on keeping the illusion up while wondering what ministry secrets I could find in the next hour of detention. In prim cursive Umbridge wrote "I shall not tell lies" onto the board. Before turning to the class.

"Each of you has lied to me or yourselves when you were naughty and got sent to detention, at least thirty lines, and then you will sit here in silence for the rest of the hour." Professor Umbridge said before turning over an hourglass filled with pink sand.

I quickly penned each line, the faster you write the sooner the initial cutting is over I had learned when I was little. The sooner that happened the sooner I could knit my skin back together. I finished my lines first setting the quill down I placed my hands infront of me on the desk and leanded back. I waited for Weasley to finnish before nudging him slightly and making a small movement of my fingers causing a vase by Professor Umbridge to explode. She screamed. Jumping up from her desk. I leanded over.

"Got any tricky sweets?" I asked eyeing the bowl of sugary seets Umbridge had sitting on her desk. He smilled before sliding two sweets to me which I lifted and sent flying into her sweets bowl in plain view of the rest of the Gryffindors while Umbridge was distracted reparing her vase, so I popped a second vase and continued to shatter glass around the class until Professor Umbridge let us all go early. As I slipped out of the bench Fred called out from behind me.

"What is a slytherin princess doing in detention?'

"getting caught walking with her boyfriend" I said winking before I walked away. I waited for Teddy to grab his wand from the box.

"You're leaving the quill?" he asked.

"I'll let it transform before her very eyes later this evening," I whispered as we split off from the Gryffindors, but Teddy pulled me back, "What?"

"The boy I sat next to, was crying in pain, I'm going to give him a recipe to make for the scars," Teddy said, "it's for appearances," he justified. I watched as Teddy bent down to talk to the boy who was discreetly watched by the twins as Teddy handed him a piece of parchment with the ingredients to make a solution to heal the scars on his hand from the Black Quill. The seed had been planted.