"do your best out there, my money and my tanghulu depend on you." you ruffled akaashi's hair and went to sit on the bench with yukie and kaori.

as the match went on, nekoma won the first set, and fukurodani won the second one. bokuto kept getting frustrated towards the middle of the third set since kuroo and lev were doing a pretty decent job at blocking his spikes.

"oh god...it's happening." yukie whispered.

"i mean...it's later than usual that's for sure". kaori whispered back.

"what's happening right now?" you looked up from your notebook and looked at the two girls next to you.

"bokuto gets these things called "emo mode" where he basically gets unmotivated to play for the rest of the set because one of his weaknesses has been triggered." yukie said to you. you slowly nodded as you wrote this down in your notebook.

"frosted tips! looks like you're paying for my ramen after all! i like pork in mine!" kuroo yelled out to bokuto. that's what set bokuto to the edge.

"oh god...and here it comes. awww this is f/n's first emo mode. i wish i could record it." yukie squealed as she squished your cheeks with her hand.

"akaashi..." bokuto raised his hand and pointed it at akaashi.

"DON'T SET TO ME TODAY! I'M ONLY DRAGGING YOU DOWN!" bokuto yelled out while kuroo started laughing.

the rest of the fukurodani team looked at bokuto with deadpanned looks. you ,on the other hand, had never experienced bokuto's emo mode so you had a confused look on your face.

"all right...but please, calm down while i'm not setting to you." akaashi walked away from bokuto.

bokuto had trouble blocking, receiving, and serving the majority of the set. the whole time he had a blank look on his face, running around their side of the court mindlessly.

the score was 23-24, nekoma being at match point. it was at this point bokuto had become more antsy to the spike the ball. it was also at this point that lev started teasing you.

"N/N! LOOKS LIKE I'M HAVING MY PIKACHU COOKIES TODAY!" WOOHOO!" he hi-fived kuroo as they both laughed loudly.

"oh hell no, i'm not about to pay for his fucking cookies again." you mumbled under your breath.

if nekoma did end up winning, lev would never let you live this down. on the rare occasions where lev wins one of the bets you two make, he'll brag nonstop about it.

"don't worry, akaashi knows what he's doing. he's gone through this enough times. you'll see." yukie told you as she patted your thigh. and as soon as she said that, you saw akaashi setting the ball and bokuto running towards it with stars in his eyes.

he spiked it, hard, and the ball landed on nekoma's side of the court. the score evened out to a tie. you started to stand up so you could cheer for bokuto but kaori pulled you back down to the bench.

"don't, just wait until the set ends, that's when we cheer for him."

"just trust us, we know what we're doing. you'll get your tanghulu and bokuto won't have to pay for kuroo's ramen." yukie reassured you.

nekoma ended up losing, 24-26. akaashi looked at the rest of the team and nodded at them. they nodded back.

"we expected nothing less from the best ace!" konoha yelled out.

"only the top ace could've done that!" komi yelled out. bokuto started chuckling.

"I AM THE BEST AFTER ALL! HEY HEY HEY!" bokuto pumped his two fists out in the air.

"hey, hey, heyyyy" konoha and komi said, not so enthusiastically.

"SUCK ON THAT ROOSTER HEAD! I LIKE BEEF IN MINE!"

akaashi walked up to you and you handed him his water bottle and towel.

"thank you for saving me from having to buy lev food again. you're something else keiji, i'll give you that." you have him a side hug since he was sweaty.

the volleyball team started cleaning up the gym and nekoma started packing up their things and leaving the gym, kuroo, kenma, and lev staying behind.

"i'll just buy you your ramen now just to get it over with. screw you owl for brains." kuroo slapped the back of bokuto's head as bokuto stuck his tongue out at him.

"looks like you owe me my tanghulu. we'll stop by the marketplace before we go home." you told lev in a teasing tone.

"hey! why don't we all just go together? f/n! do they sell ramen at this marketplace you mentioned?" kuroo asked you.

"yeah, there's a ramen stand somewhere there."

"great! sounds like a plan! i'll let you guys clean up." kuroo grabbed kenma and lev and dragged them towards the bench you sat on during the match.

"this should be fun." akaashi mumbled as he helped konoha take down the net.

a/n: ...i didn't know how to end this chapter BUT THANK YOU FOR 1.5K READS WHAT THE FUCK I DIDNT WXPECT THAT I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU 💘💕💞💓💗💓💕💘💕💕💞💓💗💕💘💕💞💗💗💕💘💕