The calf got to us first, Ezra reached out to stroke it gently. His short fingers made contact with its muzzle and it looked up at him questionably.

The mother came over, Ez reached over to stroke this one and it backed away quickly, startling him. He fell backwards off the fence.

Hitting his head off the beam. 'Shit' I said as he let out an ear splitting cry. I picked him up and examined his forehead gently.

A trickle of blood ran down and he reached up and felt it. Seeing the red on his hand he cried harder.

'Its only a little cut' I muttered, I hadn't brought my wand with me and I couldn't heal him. 'Come on I'll carry you home' and I picked him up.

It took twice as long to get just half way across the field with Ezra sobbing in my arms. His head was still bleeding and my vest top was stained with it.

Severus was still sitting there and he turned at the sound of Ezra's tedious wails. He stood up at the sight of the blood that both of us had on our clothes and his head.

'What happened' he asked, helping me with Ezra over the fence.

'He fell, can you help me get him home and then I can use my wand- I uh I mean and then I patch him up' I corrected myself hastily.

Severus raised an eyebrow 'No need' and he pulled out his own wand. My eyes widened as he muttered the healing spell.

'You're a wizard too' I gasped.

'Was it not ovbious' he said quietly, pulling a box of plasters out of his pocket and placing one on his forehead.

'It does make sense now that I think about it' I admitted 'So what do you work as, I'm applying for Head of Magical Law Enforcement'

'I'm a proffesor, I started a few years ago' he told me, still examining Ezra's head.

'Oh cool, at Hogwarts?'

'Yes, potions' he mumbled, looking at Ezra's eyes.

'You can't be that much older than me then'

'Depends on how old you are' he said, looking at me for the first time.

'25' I said and he nodded.

'I'm 30' he told me 'So when you started hogwarts I will have been in 5th year'

I nodded, 'Ezra will be going in 2 years if he gets his letter'

'He most likely will looking at him, the cut on his head would have been much deeper on any other child' Severus explained.

'Good I can be a magician like you' mumbled Ezra looking at Severus with admiration in his eyes.

Severus snorted at this, and I laughed. He stood up and felt the plaster on his head, 'Say thank you Ezra' I said to him as he fingered it carefully.

'Thank you Mr Severus'

He looked taken aback at being addressed like this and raised an eyebrow 'Its no problem' he muttered, standing up.

We all headed back to the village together, Ezra walking ahead and muttering to himself, in his own little world completely.

'Are you not boiling?' I asked him, eyeing his jeans and sweater.

He looked at me, clearly confused on what I meant.

'Your wearing a sweater and its like 30°c' I explained

'Oh, erm no I'm fine' he shrugged indifferently.

We reached the cool shade of the buildings on our street. Ezra was hopping from cobblestone go cobblestone, avoiding the cracks as best he could.