six

The night Cynthia didnt feel the need to get a slushee. She was at peace, and nothing bothered her they day.

As Cynthia was getting ready to sleep she got a text from a random number.

hey pretty girl ;)
pretty boy who gave you my #? 🙄
i did my research :) wyd?
getting ready to sleep, you?
this early? i'm working out
this early? mfer it's 12 am 😭
oh shit. i thought it was 10 wtf 💀
pretty boy don't know his time 😫
stfu 🙄 goodnight pretty girl, don't dream of me too much.
goodnight pretty boy, do dream of me a lot 😇

////
Cynthia laughed at the fact he didn't know what time it was. He was a big dork.

The next morning, Cynthia had to go to work again. But this morning, she was finding hope in it. She had started thinking positive about it.

She woke up early that day, and made herself breakfast. Something she never did. She left the house happily too and got to work happy.

When she got to work she got a text, "good luck at work today pretty girl," boy did he drive her crazy. But she didn't want him too. She didn't want any distractions. So she ignored all the signs.

Today at work it was semi busy, it was the week of the 4th of July so many people were traveling to celebrate with their families.

That meant busy week at work, with lines, and busy tables. Cynthia didn't mind, she got a lot of tips during those weeks. She woukd ignore all her stress until her shift ended.

When her normal shift ended she did an over shift. They needed a lot of help. That night she left at 11 pm. She was all sweaty, tired, and hungry.

She knew nothing was fresh at the gas station anymore so she had to eat cereal there.

"hey cynthia," hawk told her and she smiled. She got coffee instead today  and cereal and some chocolate milk.

"that's all," she told him.
"slushee?" he asked
"blue or red aren't working and the coke tastes nasty at night." she told him
he nodded, "busy today?"
she nodded. " i just wanna sleep and eat." she said pouring the milk into the cereal.

"yeah that's me in the mornings too." hawk told her
"idk how you do it," cynthia told him.

"i don't mind it. it's not like i have stuff to do. expect go to pracfice and then here."

"oh yeah ur in that karate thing."

"yup."

"cool cool." she said eating her cereal and drinking her coffee.

"good luck this week, people come a lot at night to get snacks," she told him finishing her food. "and thanks for the message this morning," she smiled at him.

"thank you, and no problem. i know it's a busy week for everyone. which means more stress for everyone," he told her.

"yeah, well goodnight pretty boy."

For the rest of the week Cynthia didn't go. She was way too tired to drive and slept all Sunday until night when she wanted to the red mohawk and remembered he was off today.

He woukd text her but she wouldn't reply, she wasn't a texting person. she thought it was boring to text.

That sunday she texted him if he wanted to come over. He replied an hour later saying sure. And he came.

"thanks for coming," she told him.
"it's no problem. did u have any problems or are u bored?" he asked her.

"bored. this town is boring." she told him.
he laughed, "ur a loner that's why Cynthia," cynthia gasped at his statement.

"that was so rude of you asshole." she said taking him to her room and watcg TV and talk.

They made fun of each other a lot, especially hawk. he burned cynthia all night.

"did u sleep all day?" he asked her and she nodded.

"are you doing anything on the 4th?" he asked her and she shook her head.

"good," hawk told her. He wanted to make plans with her. He enjoyed her company just as she enjoyed his.