Chapter 1

Morning light illuminated your room as your alarm sounded and your eyes shot open. Groaning, you flipped over your phone to check the time, 6:30 AM. It was never fun staying up late packing just to wake up a few hours later. Squinting into your room, you agonizingly got out of bed. After all, today was the day you began anew, the day you were moving to LA. Stumbling around, half awake, you dressed. You stared at your empty apartment, surprised at how much different it looked. You had lived in the same apartment for, what was it, 5 years, and now you finally got to leave, to see more of the world. Of course, you'd miss the ordinary atmosphere, but it was much too dull, and you needed that change in scenery. Caught up in grabbing the last minute things, you glanced at the time. 7:45 AM! You had to get out the door in 5 minutes. Hastily you checked your belongings for any missed item, but it looked all packed. You decided to look around, you were sure to find something. Peeking in your closet, you saw a black t-shirt hanging by itself. Dusting it off, you saw it was your old "I can't stop watching You Tube" sweatshirt. The memories that shirt brought back were too valuable to be left behind, even if you didn't remember many of those YouTubers anymore. You smiled and tucked it in your suitcase, heading out the door. It was time to start a brand new beginning.

The plane flight only took around three hours, and yet you felt sluggish. You walked to the apartment building, idly carrying your luggage. Apartment 4D was yours, and you walked up towards the forest green door. Finding the keys, you slowly unlocked it, your eyelids falling leisurely, then fluttering open. Standing before you was the place you'd be staying, and it looked well enough, from what you saw. You dragged your suitcases in, looking around. It was nice, two bedrooms, a good kitchen, comfy living room. You smiled and toured the apartment. The little suite was perfect for you. It was about time to have a place in the city. You'd be able to do so much here -- a sudden rapping on your door interrupted your thoughts.

"A knock? Isn't it midnight?" You thought, perplexed.

You walked to the door, swinging, surprised to see someone standing there. A man stood at your door, smiling wearily. He had poofy black hair, bouncing off his head in cute curls. His stunning eyes looked tired, yet he nonchalantly said,

"Hey, I'm Mark. I live across the hall. Heard you come in, I tend to stay up pretty late."

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you." You spat out, still startled.

"Good to meet you too. If you ever need some help, I've been here for awhile, so don't be hesitant to ask. Have a good night, Y/N."

"O-okay. Thanks, you too!"

Mark swung around into his apartment and shut the door. You stood absolutely baffled, staring at his door. Swinging your door closed, you internally screamed. That guy, Mark, was cute as hell. The way he half smiled and his eyes scrunched up. He looked so trustworthy, genuine. He was amazing. You were dumbfounded, staring at your apartment feeling a wave of emotion inside. But what crazed you most was the fact that he lived right across the hall.