1 - Washed up

AN - this may be quite a short fanfiction, but since his banner is still running and with his story quest being out I couldn't resist getting something going for him, so I hope you enjoy!

---

"Quick, help me pull them out!" shouts, followed by splashes and desperate commands passing between people sounded around you. You felt your body being lifted from the cold water.

"They're breathing" all of the sounds of movements quickened as they rushed you from the water, your body being placed on soft grass "hey, can you hear me?!"

You tried to force words to leave your mouth but felt them being blocked by liquid that welled up in your throat, you managed to force your body to the side, coughing violently as water splashed from your mouth.

You heard the small crowd around you give a sigh of relief, a hand gently patting you on your back to help you as you continued to get rid of the last of the water from your lungs.

"You're okay" he hushed reassuringly "take it easy"

"How did they even get here?" someone else muttered.

"That doesn't matter, lets just get them somewhere safe" someone else said. Once you had coughed up the rest of the water and your breathing was easy again, hands were looped under your arms and helped to pull you to your feet.

The people around you guiding you away from the waters and to safety, constantly reasurring you that you were safe and you would be okay.

You felt your consciousness leave you as you walked, your feet dragging as you started to grow weaker.

You stirred awake a few hours later, a woman sitting by your side was the first thing that entered your blurry vision. The sudden light hurting as you blinked against it "ah, you're awake" the female smiled "how are you feeling?"

Your voice was small and croaky as words finally passed your lips "my body hurts"

She smiled comfortingly "yes, well I expected that. You have a few nasty injuries"

"Where am I? and who are you?"

"My name is Verr Goldet, I'm the owner of the Wangshu inn, that's where you are right now. Do- do you know what happened to you?" she asked carefully.

You slowly sat up, using your hands to push your body from the bed, your muscles protesting your movements despite how slowly you attempted to move. You sat up, looking down at your hands, seeing they were dotted with brusing, a bandage wrapped around one arm with deeper brusing leaking out from under it "I fell off a ship" you muttered.

"A ship?"

You nodded "yes, there was a, uh, it was a- . . I think we were attacked by something, and in the commotion and the storm, I fell overboard and then, . . then I woke up here"

She nodded "I see. Strange, that only explains half of how you got here . . but it sounds like you were quite lucky. You can stay here until you've recovered, I've prepared a room for you and don't worry about payment, please just take your time and rest" she smiled, patting your shoulder gently before she stood up and left from your bedside.

"Uhm, Verr?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you, for helping me"

She simply gave you a smile and a nod before she left you alone to get some more rest. Your mind was still a little disorentated, your recent memories cloudier than you would like them to be. You felt panic grip you as you suddenly threw the bedsheets from you before instantly relaxing once again as you saw the golden glimmer of your vision trinket still attached to your belt. At least you hadn't lost that, that was a relief.