Chapter 5: Around The World

Start from the beginning

I am used to moving around a lot, we have to do it a lot but it gets tiring sometimes. We just moved here 3 months ago and now we have to go again. I just got used to this place. I know I'm old enough to stay by myself but honestly, I don't think I'd be able to handle it. And I don't think my mum could either, she's gets sick often from working so much and when she gets sick, it's bad. She can't handle herself when she's sick. She's strong though and gets over it pretty quick but still, I can't leave her.

I wonder where we'll be going this time though, we sometimes move around the country, sometimes we just move to a different town. We're originally from here but we had to move away for her job. It's hard for me to make friends that way. I make friends in different countries but then I move and we say we'll never lose touch but after a month or two, my so-called friends forget about me. Raes really the only person who stuck with me, she was the only holiday to Spain and we had to move there for a few years and Rae came to Spain every year so we got to see each other every year for two weeks until we had to move again... Rae was the only one who actually kept in touch with me. I haven't seen her for 5 years now. God, I didn't realise it had been that long. I miss her. I miss her a lot. I didn't realise I had started to cry until I felt a drop of water fall onto my heads. God this is so stupid, I know I shouldn't be upset about things like this but I just am.

Knowing mums work we won't know where we're going to till a couple of days, I have a weird feeling about it this time. I'm not quite sure why though. I walked to the bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face. My face always needs to get washed after I cry or else I break out for some reason. I went back into my room seeing that my video had uploaded, FINALLY.

I got out my phone and called Rae but she didn't pick up so I sent her a text.

Hey, it's nothing much but I'm moving again and I'm just... I don't know, I just want to talk to you so when you can, can you call me, please.

I just needed to talk to someone and I didn't know who else to call so I decided to call Corpse, I didn't really expect him to pick up but to my surprise he did. "Hey what's up," he asked, "I uhh- I don't know why I called. I just, uhhh sorry, I shouldn't have called, I'm gonna go" I said starting to cry. "hey, what's wrong?" He said softly stopping me from ending the call. "Nothing's it's stupid I'm just overreacting," I said about to hang up "I'm here for you" those words made me burst into tears again. "Hey, hey it's okay, your alright," he said trying to console me "everything's gonna be okay" he spoke softly waiting for me to calm down a bit.

I started to explain to him what was happening and how I felt about the whole situation and why I couldn't leave my mum. I don't talk much about my family to anyone if I'm being completely honest. Family is a hard thing for me to talk about and If I do talk about it with someone I have a lot of trust with them, I guess I have more of a connection to corpse than I thought I did. He was really understanding and made me feel safe and comfortable with the situation, I know it's not a big situation or anything but the little things get me the most.

We talked for ages until mum called me down for dinner. "I'm so sorry, I've got to go for dinner." "Hey, don't worry about it, I'll take to you later?" He half asked, "yeah of course, and thank you." "For what?" He said confused. "For everything. For being here for me and just being a good person in general." I said smiling. And I could tell he was smiling too. "Thank you but I didn't do much," he said after a minute, I heard my mum calling me down again. "Okay I've really got to go now, I'll talk to you later, thank you," I said again hanging up and heading downstairs to eat dinner with mum.

We sat in silence at dinner, it hadn't been this awkward for a long time. I hate when we're like this, we're not mad at each other or fighting but neither of us know what to say. There's nothing we can say to each other. I finished off my dinner and said thank you and rushed upstairs to look at the time. 30 mins before I have to stream. I went into my bathroom and washed my face for the 4th time today and brushed my teeth. Sitting at my desk I didn't know what to do. Screw it. I'm calling Corpse again. He picked up pretty quick this time. "Hey, you alright?" He asked sounding concerned, I hope I didn't worry him. "Yeah don't worry I'm fine, I just wanted to talk to you again," I said. "Oh, well hello," he said laughing and we started to talk again.

Soon enough my alarm went off saying I should get ready for my stream. "Oh we should start getting set up for our streams," I said to corpse naturally. "Yeah we probably should" "want to still talk whilst we get ready?" I asked. "Yeah, sure, why not," he said chuckling. "Oh did I tell you about the thing you have to download," he asked, "umm no what is it?" I asked kinda scared. "It's a thing called proximity chat, so basically whenever you go near another person's character you can talk to them and hear them so you have to be pretty quiet and you can talk throughout the game." He explained "ohh okay. So how do I do that?" I asked very confused. He started to explain to me and I downloaded it with no problem thanks to Corpse. Soon though we had to join the discord call with everyone and started to play among us. I started my stream muting my mic from the discord call but so that my stream could hear me. "Hey, guys! As always we're playing among us with the group, by the group I mean I have no clue who we're playing with so let's find out" I said giggling unmuting myself from the call and starting to talk to everyone. Soon enough everyone was ready and we started to play.

Crewmate

I groaned forgetting that I have to be quiet, kind of. "Uh oh, that's not good," Sykkuno said to me. I laughed and ran away to do my tasks. "Oh hey, Avery!" Poki said happily. "Heyyyyy" "do you remember that game yesterday where you and corpse were working together?" Poki said giggling. "Yeah" I laughed back. "Well do you remember when you blamed the murder on me?" She said stopping laughing. "Well thanks for that," she said laughing quickly killing me and venting out of the room. I burst out laughing, "well that ended well," I said giggling. Finishing my tasks off as a ghost.

Once I'd finished Raes body got called. "WHO KILLED AVERY!" Corpse said jokingly making everyone laugh. "He's simping for her!" Ash half screamed laughing, making me laugh saying to the stream doing a dramatic gasp "is corpse a simp for me?" I said laughing asking the chat making them go insane. "Thank you guys all so much for the donations and subscriptions, I appreciate each and every one of you and all of you who can't donate or subscribe I appreciate you being here," I said smiling.

Quickly though the round ended with the screen showing

Defeat

Showing that corpse and Poki were the imposters. We continued playing until 3 am when I got very tired. We all decided to leave and say goodbye to each other. I left the discord call and started to talk to the stream. "Thank you guys all so much for watching! Do you guys enjoy these videos or do you want me to do other things?" I asked watching them go mad again. "I will do a Q&A in the future, yeah," I said looking at the comments. "Okay I've took note of what you guys are saying to play, and I will possibly do some of them in the future," I said "okay thank you all so much for watching and I will see you in the next stream! Byeeeeeeeee!" I giggled turning off my stream

I got into my pj's and surprisingly I was getting a call from Corpse. "Hey what's up?" I asked "I was just, Umm wondering if you wanted to umm talk until you fall asleep again," he said nervously making me laugh, "yeah, of course, I'd love to!" I said giggling going to lie down in bed. I turned my LED lights to a dark blue and then started to drift to sleep as corpse was telling me about when he was just starting YouTube.

Authors Note: Oh My God this chapter took so freakin long to do! I think it's a bit better though. I'm not sure though you guys can tell me if you don't like anything :) hope you had a good day/night. Also here is the song that Avery listened to in the kitchen