Greek knew very well that it was never a good choice to get on my nerves when it came to Imperial operations such as this one. He knew how much working jobs like this silently bothered me and how much they really seemed to shake my mind when I let them get to me. 

You see, the only reason I didn't feel like that when working with Bo-Katan was that she and her crew had taken down freighters like that on their own before for a few mere crates of weapons. They had experience with infiltrating Imperial ships and getting what they want. They always seemed to have a proper plan that they could no doubt execute. 

And it's not that I don't trust Cara and Greef, because I practically trust them both with my entire being. I mean, we've been through way too much together in way too little time. It's just that this operation is making me feel a little wary because even though we have a somewhat solid plan, we would only know if it was going to work once we stepped inside the base. The information they had on this place was limited and based mainly on exterior observations. We could be walking into anything at this point and we wouldn't even know it. 

All of this put me on edge, but they needed help, so I wasn't just going to tell them no. 

"You know, Mae, I thought you weren't supposed to be working any jobs like this anymore," Cara says, shifting in her seat to look back at me. She hooks her hand on the back of Mythrol's seat, making it a little easier to keep her gaze trained on my slightly slumped figure. 

"What do you mean?" I ask, perking a curious brow at her. 

"I mean, you're a New Republic flight commander. Aren't you supposed to be avoiding shady jobs and following their rules since you technically represent them?" she says, toddling her head around as she spoke. A small smile creeps over my face as I let out a soft chuckle. 

"Even though my allegiance may be to the New Republic, I really only report to Senator Organa when I'm on the clock. Since she was the one that brought me in, they had me sign this whole contract saying that I only report to her and that if I get caught up in some controversial or political shit, all of it's going to fall onto my reputation as well as hers, not the Republics," I explain, shrugging my shoulders as my smile turned into a sly smirk. "Senator Organa just happens to trust me enough not to get into any deep shit that I know I can't handle on my own."

Leia and I had a very long talk about me avoiding any troublesome situations since I was technically under her name. Of course, I had promised that I wouldn't get caught, but I never said anything about abstaining from having a little bit of fun. 

"Of course, you found a way around it," Cara says, letting out a light laugh as she turned back in her seat to face the front. I let out one more quiet laugh with her before scooting back in my own seat, making sure that I was sitting up properly as the speeder started to slow down. 

Before we know it, we're pulling up to the bottom of the base and Mythrol is inching closer to a large door that looked like it had been randomly shoved into the solidified cavern. The speeder finally comes to a subtle stop, dropping down slightly as Mythrol shifted the gear into park. 

"Alright. We can't go any further than this," Mythrol says, stating the obvious as he let out a shaky sigh. 

"Let's go," Greef says, nodding his head towards the door set right in front of us. 

Everyone starts to hop out, leaving Mythrol and me to be the last ones in the speeder. I look over at him, wondering if he was actually going to stay in the speeder while we worked the job. He doesn't show any signs of peeling himself from his comfortable seat, making me sigh and nod. 

I grab onto the top of Cara's seat, pulling myself up to my feet so I could hop out just as the others had done before me. I go to plant my foot on the side of the speeder's slick frame, but Din stops me from moving any further by positioning himself right in front of me. I look up at him, wondering why he had stopped me from getting out.