and none of them were really in her age range, see there was two people, the oldest miles, was fifteen turning sixteen when she moved there, and she was only thirteen, and flora was just five.

she was really queste, and she didn't even bother reaching out to anyone, she thought no one would understand, that no one would care.

but by the time madelyn was fourteen, that all changed.

you see, when madelyn grew up she started learning to accept that what happened to her father wasn't her fault, it took a lot of time though, time that she couldn't get back. as she progressed and learned more, she started to branch out more.

miles was sixteen, they were about two and a half years apart, and he wasn't as scary as he seemed, he was actually really really nice.

and her branching out was the start of an amazing friendship, he took her in, treated her like he was her mentor in life, a big brother you could say—-they became best friends almost instantly, they were attached at the hip and went everywhere together.

the first thing miles noticed about madelyn was that she had one brown eye, and one blue eye. see he loved it, he thought it was the coolest thing ever—-however she hated it, she thought she looked like a reptile or some sort of freak.

she loved his parents aswell, they were very nice and amazing people for taking her in, despite her not looking at it in an optimistic way at first,

then... quint started slowly coming around more, at first he came out every now and then, and to be honest, madelyn never really liked him, he gave her horrible vibes—-he would always look at her weirdly, and she had the worst feeling when he was around jessel.

but she never put too much into it, because he wasn't around that much—-but then he started coming around more... and more.

and that's where it all started to go wrong, he would always pull miles aside and take him places, they would disappear for hours and hours on end... they would go out late at night and come back early in the morning, then miles would sleep his days away and do it all over again.

madelyn didn't come around because, well, she didn't like quint, at all. and madelyn was someone who liked everyone, but the vibe he gave off was one that she didn't want to be surrounded by.

so she removed herself from the situation, but then her and miles, her best friend—-correction; her only best friend, the one who took her in when she had no one, when she lost everyone that was important to her in her life, disappeared.

he stopped hanging around with her and she didn't want to lose him, so she tried her best to tag along with the two but they would never let her, they would tell her that she was too young.

by this time, she was fourteen and miles was seventeen, which from an outside perspective made sense, but age never mattered to her or miles, especially considering madelyn was extremely mature for her age considering she had gone through so much trauma since she was young.

she had learned to hate quint, and she didn't hate anyone, but not only was he creepy, he took her best friend, the most important thing in the world to her was gone, and she lost another person...

it's not like quint and miles were doing normal things either, all of the time miles would come back drunk or high after hanging out with quint, he would try to play it off but madelyn always knew considering her dad was a drug addict and an alcoholic, she was exposed to it since she was so young.

she cried a lot when she lost miles, he meant everything to her, and just like that another person walked out of her life.

and just when she thought it couldn't get any worse, miles' parents died, both of them.