Year 1 - Chapter 2

My eyes widened and registered what just happened.

Shit Shit Shit.

The whole room was staring at me, everyone fell silent. I could feel my brother's eyes branding me but I didn't turn to see his reaction.

My face turned bright red as I felt every set of eyes in the room staring at me like a zoo animal. I got off the stool and walked towards the Gryffindor table. I caught whispered conversations as I walked.

"A Malfoy? In Gryffindor?"

"Maybe she's adopted"

"She looks like she's seen a ghost"

I take a seat at the Gryffindor table next to Ginny.

Once she got over the initial shock, she pulled me into a hug. "At least you know you already have a friend in your house," she says, a smile plastered on her face.

I sigh and nod my head in agreement. She looks around and notices how many people were still staring at me.

"Take a bloody photo! It'll last longer!" she yells at the remaining gossipers, causing them to look away from me.

Maybe this isn't such a bad thing.

I look around the table and introduce myself to the people sitting around me.

"Hi, I'm Leila"

The buck-toothed boy with brown hair introduces himself as Neville Longbottom. As I talk to the people around the table I meet some of the others. Seamus Finnigan is sitting across from me with Dean Tomas, Angelina Johnson, and Oliver Wood. though the latter are too engulfed in their conversation about quidditch tryouts to pay any attention to me.

"Leila, I want you to meet my brothers," Ginny says, grabbing my forearm and dragging me out of my seat so that I am now facing two other redheads.

"That's Fred and George." I look between the two, trying to find any noticeable differences and not seeing any.

"So what's a Malfoy doing in Gryffindor?" one of them says, Fred, I think.

"Hell if I know," I say, replying with more confidence in my voice than there was a moment ago.

"I like this one," George says, and Fred nods his head, both amused by my answer.

"Down there is Percy, he's the one talking to Mcgonagall" she points him out, "I'll introduce you to him later, he's the house perfect so he's probably busy now"

"A real Git that one" one of the twins says "not fun at all" the other informs me, humor-laced in their voices.

"Where's Ron? I haven't seen him or Harry at all." Ginny glances around the table with furrowed brows.

As if on clue the doors to the great hall open to reveal two boys, both badly scratched and bruised. Their clothes were covered in dirt and grass stains.

"Found him," said the twins in unison.

"Bloody hell! What happened?" Ginny says, in a 'how have you already gotten into trouble' voice

"We'll explain back in the common room," said the boy with bright green eyes and dark brown hair.

"If we don't get expelled first," the red-haired boy, probably Ron, says as McGonagall gestures for the boys to follow her out of the great hall.

Well, that was one hell of a first impression. 

We sat back down as the feast appeared on the table. My mouth was watering just looking at the selection of roast pork, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and loads of freshly baked bread. I filled my plate and dug in, trying to savor every possible bite. The dessert selection appeared on the table, replacing the now empty trays of food with cakes and sweets.