37. Final Report, the Near End of the Trip

Start from the beginning

Hyeyoon still didn't get the correlation in between the stories. Rowoon continued to explain, "I once came here, last year, and he was about to hook me up with a girl from the company who got interested in me, but I refused. I told him I already have a girlfriend in Korea and we planned for marriage soon," Rowoon paused yet the guy remained focus on the road as he slowly speeding up to the main road. He went on, "he probably assumed you're the girl, sorry, Hyeyoon, it was merely an excuse to stop him from talking about the girl to me whenever we had the chance to talk. I have no idea he still thinks about it seriously,"

Hyeyoon didn't expect to receive such information so she was dumbfounded for a moment and couldn't utter anything. Rowoon felt the silence and he turned to see at the girl. After a moment of pause, Hyeyoon finally responded.

"Why did you refuse?" she managed to stay calm and tried to not cracked her voice. "Had you seen the girl? She didn't meet your standard?" she asked and Rowoon shook his head.

"It's not like that," he turned the car to enter the highway and they sped up more due to the speed limit. Hyeyoon couldn't help to mesmerize upon witnessing his driving skill. Hyeyoon looked at Rowoon, still waiting for him to continue. Rowoon was hesitant at first, "I don't know, I wasn't interested in a relationship back then, I enjoyed my single status and was more focused on my career," he explained.

Hyeyoon thought for the best answer and she responded, "In my opinion, you should've tried to open up again, maybe, Rowoon. I mean, don't overwork yourself. Try to find something that can make you happy, or maybe meet someone," Hyeyoon suggested. There was a silence as Rowoon didn't respond to her. Hyeyoon then looked to her side to see Rowoon remained silent and facing the front. Hyeyoon quickly corrected herself as she might accidentally offend him. "I mean, everyone has the right to be happy, so are you,"

Rowoon finally flashed a smile and he slightly turned to see the girl, before turned to the front again. "Thanks, Hyeyoon, I know, and I will find my happiness, too, don't worry," he said finally. Hyeyoon suddenly felt a strange sting feeling in her heart, and it made her ache in some ways.

Hyeyoon couldn't stand to see the guy and tried to throw her sight outside the windows. It was nearly 4.00 PM and they already exited the highway as now they entered the downtown area near his condominium complex.

Suddenly Hyeyoon felt reluctant that the journey ended here. They would return to Seoul tomorrow, and the 10 days trip would over soon. Rowoon didn't talk much when he turned to park his car in the basement and turned off the engine. Just like how Hyeyoon felt, Rowoon was actually felt reluctant to end their trip just like that. Before they got off the car, Rowoon looked at Hyeyoon with expectation in his eyes. There was a sudden idea that popped out in his head and he let out a grin.

Hyeyoon could feel that her heart started to beat rapidly. The look in his eyes and the dimmed light at the basement was familiar yet still affect her in certain ways, and when Rowoon made a curve with the corner of his lips, Hyeyoon just gulped.

He moved closer rather slowly at Hyeyoon and released her seatbelt. He smiled, "Let's go," his tone was persuasive and Hyeyoon was hypnotized. She didn't protest or refused but waited on his next move as she saw Rowoon got off the car and went to the other side to open the door for Hyeyoon.

She blankly muttered, "Where are we going?" she asked as Rowoon was now on her side and ready to let her out of the car.

"We won't go far," he replied shortly and pulled the girl gently from the car. He closed the door and locked it. Rowoon reached Hyeyoon's hand and he walked outside the basement to the pedestrian near his condominium building. The downtown area was a very strategic area with walking distance to mostly San Jose's amenities.