XXI

AKA the Valentines chapter
————

Gaege was wrapping up recording a scary VR horror game video when Eddie walked in and poked his sides, effectively scaring the fuck out of an already terrified Gaege and causing him to emit the highest scream-yelp that had ever left his mouth.
Taking off his headset he pouted and said "Oh, very funny asshole. You can sleep on the couch tonight, wanna scare me like that."
Eddie, still clutching his stomach in a hearty fit of explosive laughter, replied "Totally worth it, the way you screamed dude!" His laughter continued.
Gaege signed off for his video, telling everyone to unsubscribe from Eddie for being a meanie, and turned off his camera. When he finished turning off his computer and everything else he turned around and saw that Eddie had already left the room.
  Hearing a commotion downstairs he followed the sound to see Eddie repeatedly trying to light a candle, without trimming the wick so of course it was going to have trouble lighting. Pink and red rose petals were scattered in piles across the floor, as if thrown in a haste. Gaege cleared his throat as he took in the rest of the scene; the candle on the table with boxes of takeout from their favorite Chinese restaurant and two of their fancy plates and wine glasses set neatly with the nice silverware, on top of what Gaege was pretty sure's their small backyard table and chairs with a red cloth covering its round top and white clothes draped over the chairs.
  Eddie, clearly not expecting Gaege to have finished upstairs so quickly, looked up startled and took a quick step forward only to slip on one of his piles of petals and fall onto his ass. Gaege giggled as he offered a hand and helped hoist his fiancé up to his feet. "What's all this?"
Eddie's face had a hint of a blush starting to creep up as he replied, hand rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, "I wanted to surprise you with a Valentine's day lunch. Surprise!" he half-exclaimed, sure he'd ruined it.
  Gaege just grinned. He maneuvered Eddie onto a chair and affectionately pat his head. "You're so goddamn cute, what am I gonna do with ya?"
  "Are you surprised? Do you like hit? I got our favorites, and-"
  "Babe I love it! Yes I'm surprised, I thought today was just gonna be me forcing you to watch a rom-com with me that you would say you hate but secretly love and adore, and then maybe we'd fuck on the couch. You did all this! All I got you was a card and my hot bod!" he ranted a bit in reply. They smiled at each other.
  "I wanted to do something special for you, we watch movies and then have sex all the time. I gotta romance you too before all those movies get to your head and you run off to find someone like the lead guys. Who are all dicks by the way, I'm way better than them."
  Gaege sat down on Eddie's lap and wrapped his arms around his neck languidly. "Yeah, you are better than them," he laughed. "You. Are. The. Cutest. I. Love. You!" he said, punctuating each word with a kiss to somewhere on Eddie's face between words, from his forehead to the tip of his nose to his soft lips and cheeks.
  "I love you too baby," Eddie said with a soft smile, guiding Gaege's head towards his own with a gentle hand on the back of his head. Their lips met in a kiss, deepening slowly and continuing at a slow, soft, and loving pace as they continued to make out, food long forgotten and candle still not fucking lit.

————
a/n hope you enjoyed! very short just small valentines drabble it had smut at first but i wanted cute instead especially bc of next chapter muahahaha also sorry it's late i was gonna post it yesterday afternoon too but then my gf surprised me with a day together because the worsening weather means we won't be able to see each other on actual valentine's day (roads are icing over windshields covered in helllllla ice too like damn) another chapter soon!! they travel to meet the baby and have hotel fun;)