Chapter 9: Seto's Getting His Alloted Chapter with the Protagonist!

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

"What? Are you making fun of me, Seto?" (Y/N) said looking totally heartbroken.

The young man sputtered and choked on his words realizing exactly what the hell this sounded like. When (Y/N) hadn't shown up to school yesterday and today he knew the only way he would get to ask what he'd been meaning to was to go to her place.

He would have thought with the amount of times he rehearsed how he was gonna say it and with everything going on, that he would have caught his mistake.

I have this thing that I need to be bring a date to. I was wondering if you could be my girlfriend for the day. I'll even pay you!

Stupid stupid stupid.

"What I meant to say is I told my brother and the outfit. You owe me a favour but it's a lot. So I can give something else. Ya know the Seirin and shit I can't breathe."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes slightly but smiled and shook her head softly.

"Come in."

"To your house! But you said you live alone."

"So, what? Furuhashi and Yamazaki have stayed over plenty of times."

Seto wanted to pry on that but didn't want to come across as accusatory. Walking into the guest house he was greeted with a slightly messy but overall welcoming space. Watching her gesture to the couch, the tall male took a seat and tried to get his thoughts in order.

"Do you want something? A water, soda, juice?...Espresso?"

"Plain coffee would be nice."

"Sure. I'll be right back."

Seto nodded and watched her disappear from his peripherals. Looking around the room he was surprised with how humble everything looked but thinking it over he shouldn't have been too surprised. (Y/N) was a surprisingly humble girl for apparently living a lavish lifestyle.

A chuckle almost left Seto's lips as he noticed several anime figures on various shelves. That was more like what he was expecting. Curious, he got up to take a closer look at the stuff decorating her living room.

In particular one shelf held several framed pictures. The largest made a smile come to his face. (Y/N) appeared to be no more than 3 or 4 years old. She was holding her fingers up into a peace sign, hugging a huge stuffed Pikachu tightly.

The picture right next to it however made his heart feel heavy. (Y/N) was probably eight years old in this one. She was hugging a little boy about the same age who was lifting up a baby girl. Everyone was smiling brightly in the picture but none more than a frail woman sitting in a wheelchair behind them.

They were clearly in a hospital and the woman was very clearly the reason they were there. Thinking about it, thought (Y/N) always referred to her parents as a unit making it sound like they were both around...her mother was hardly mentioned on her own. Everything was always about her dad and maybe this was why.

"Being nosy?" The young girl said coming up behind him with a hot cup of coffee.

"It's not being nosy if the stuff is on display. You were a cute kid, these your brother and sister?" Seto asked hoping more for an explanation of the woman in the picture.

"My cousins. So, did I give you enough time to calm down and tell me what you came here for?"

"Actually yes. (Y/N) I didn't mean to make it sound like I was making fun of your situation."

"But you do know about it?"

"I've seen the picture yeah."

"I don't know why I even let it get to me so bad. It's a really old picture! Once I started dating my ex, I stopped going on paid dates."