"Padfoot, there was nothing they could've done. They hexed him and left him, they were too busy helping me." Xan piped up. It felt weird defending the Weasley twins. Xanthie looked over at Molly who was watching Sirius intently, ready to step in if he got too rough with her boys.

Sirius scoffed and stepped away from them and George visibly let out a breath of relief, Fred patting his shoulder. Remus was still standing behind Xanthie, looking down at her.

"Silly question, I know my love. But how are you feeling?" He asked softly, holding out his signature square of chocolate and Xanthie nodded and wordlessly took the chocolate, not wanting to let her emotions get the best of her in front of all of these people. Her gaze fell onto Ron who gave her a small smile, which relaxed her.

"I'm okay but please, now that you know what's happened can we please leave it? Where's Severus?" Xanthie asked as she popped the chocolate into her mouth, trying to change the subject as she looked around the room and didn't see Severus anywhere. Remus sighed and moved to sit next to Sirius at the back of the table, Xan moving her seat to be next to El.

"He was asked to go back to Hogwarts by McGonagall. There wasn't enough staff and prefects to look after all the students." Sirius said, moving an arm to rest on the back of Remus' chair. Xanthie raised her eyebrow at the gesture then looked at El who seemed to also notice.

As the evening went on, Remus was in and out of the kitchen and Molly being Molly had to help him out somehow. She had followed him into the kitchen and helped him add finishing touches to all the food, since she was used to the large number of mouths. Harry, Hermione and Ron had all began telling Sirius about their latest year at Hogwarts, Sirius casting an annoyed look at the twins every once in a while. Ginny, George and Fred had began discussing the joke shop the twins intended to open and Bill, Charlie, El and Arthur had struck up a conversation about Bills job at Gringotts.

Xan sat back in her chair, looking around at everyone. They were smiling and talking and getting along. She could hear Molly and Remus in the kitchen laughing and joking as well and her heart felt full but one thing was missing. Her parents.

She looked around the room and remembered parts of her childhood, littered around. She stood from the table and wandered to one of the back rooms, dragging her fingertips over the tapestry of the Black family. Her fingers lingered on Bellatrix. Her eyes watered slightly as she looked at the small portrait of her mother.

"I miss you mum, I miss you so so much... And dad... I hope you're happy wherever you are... But you promised me you'd be here, always." Xanthie whispered, pressing a kiss to her fingertips and then holding it over her mothers portrait. She wiped the tear running down her cheek with the back of her hand and sighed softly. She felt a familiar embrace behind her and turned around to bury her face into Rons chest.

"Knew you'd be here... Are you okay?" He whispered into her hair. Xanthie nodded slowly, bringing her hands up to her face as she pulled herself impossibly closer to Ron. Another pair of arms wrapped around her from behind.

"We're here for you, Xanthie. Don't forget it." Ginny mumbled, resting her head against Xans shoulder. Suddenly Hermione and Harry had appeared too and wrapped their arms around the small group.

"Room for another small one?" El asked from the doorway, wrapping her arms around the group too and squeezing. Xanthie giggled softly and sniffled in Rons chest.

"I love you guys, don't tell anyone I said that though." Xan said softly and the group hug dispersed with a chorus of laughter. As Xanthie looked around her group of friends, a smile spread across her features and although the ache of losing her parents was something that would never go away or fade completely, the people around her made life way easier.