"Watch your back," Bruce gave a final threat and started walking away, but Lucas didn't even give him the attention of responding as he turned to look at me. I instantly looked down when his gaze met mine, my face still boiling.

"Are you okay?" He asked, and I tried to get out a 'yes', but I could feel myself panicking. It was hard to breathe. I forced myself to make eye contact again and nodded. "Do you want a ride?" My breath stopped even further at that.

"Sure," I was able to say, forcing a small smile, which he returned, one of his dimples showing with his half-grin. "You have your license?"

"Yeah, unfortunately for others on the road," he replied, and grabbed his keys from his bag, swinging them around his fingers a few times. I couldn't help but watch his hands when he did this, but then snapped my attention back up as he began walking. He was technically only a little taller than me, but his bold appearance and stature practically made him seem like a god next to me.

I followed him through the parking lot until we stopped. His car looked somewhat similar to Ashton's, except not really at all. Actually, the only thing they had in common were that they were both black sports cars. Lucas's also seemed a bit more vintage-looking, which didn't really surprise me for some reason.

"Was that Bruce? I've heard a lot about him," He asked when we got in and he started the car.

"Yeah. Very likable, that one," I joked, and he chuckled, which made my heart slow down a little bit. I felt a bit calmer than I had before, weirdly.

Damnit, his car side profile is even better than I could have imagined. I mean, I had seen his side profile before... but a car side profile is just different for some reason, and damn was his good. I told him I'd give him directions to my house as we drove, and then let my eyes wander over his dark features for a moment, since he wasn't focused on me. A few moments later, once he pulled out of the lot, he spoke again.

"Why does he pick on you? I mean, I know it's because he's a spineless coward and whatnot, but why you?" He asked, and I sighed. There honestly was no point in hiding it.

"I'm gay, and he's offended by that for some reason." I spoke with surprising confidence, and Lucas frowned but kept his eyes on the road.

"The same thing happened to me at my old school," he told me, and my eyes widened a little at the possibility of him also liking boys. "Till I made them stop, anyway," he chuckled.

"Are you, um, you know-"

"Gay?" He finished for me, and I nodded.

But when he shook his head 'no', it crushed my heart a little... a lot.

"Oh ok," I tried to brush it off, but he just laughed a little before talking again.

"I like people for them, not their gender, if that makes sense," he explained, and my heart inflated a bit again at this. "I just don't really label it. I don't feel the need to, you know?"

"Yeah, that's cool, yeah, mhm," I ran my hand through my hair and mentally scolded myself for losing my cool this little bit. When I looked back over at him, he had a grin on his face as he drove, and then reached to turn on the radio. It played softly in the background as I watched his ringed fingers return to his lap, his left hand on the top of the steering wheel. His bracelets moved on his wrist slightly with the subtle movements of the car as we drove along the smooth street.