ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

** Signals a time-skip

"Get ready to jump, transfers." A gruff voice called out through the train cars.

The city flew by in streaks of color and wind whipped Eris' hair as they approached the rooftop. She exhaled deeply, letting the wind blow her hair out of her face, uncovering a deep purple bruise along her cheekbone and upper eyebrow. Subconsciously pulling her sleeves down to cover the bruises on her wrists.

"That looks nasty. How'd you get it?" A girl asked next to her.

Eris quickly backed away and covered her face in her hair again. "Oh it's nothing." She said, clearing her throat, "What's your name?" Eris asked, quickly changing the subject.

"Serenity. I transferred from Amity." The girl said, noticing the subject change but wisely letting it slide. "You?"

"Eris, Abnegation transfer." She said smiling slightly.

"Go!" The man shouted and Dauntless members started backing up and jumping off the train, landing on a gravel rooftop.

"Holy shit okay then." Serenity said, her eyes widening as she got ready to jump but before she could jump, Eris was already in the air, soaring gracefully as she jumped from the train. She landed lightly and did a smooth roll to take some impact off her legs, flipping her hair over her shoulder to cover the bruise on her face as she landed. Serenity followed right behind her, landing more clumsily than Eris.

"Show off." Serenity grumbled, picking the gravel out of her palms.

"All you had to do was jump." Eris laughed, walking over where everyone was gathering with Serenity.

"Alright listen up everybody!" A heavily tattooed man shouted from the edge of the building. "I'm Eric. One of your leaders." He said pacing back and forth on the ledge.

"He is so very attractive.." Serenity said quietly to Eris.

"If you want to enter Dauntless, this is the way in." Eric said glancing at Eris and Serenity as if he heard them. "If you don't have the guts to jump then you don't belong in Dauntless." He said looking Eris up and down before looking away.

"So what's at the bottom?" A girl asked in the back

"I guess you'll find out." Eric said cooly. "Or not.."

Eris shuddered, something about his voice made butterflies erupt in her stomach.

"Didn't we just jump?" Serenity sighed, looking at Eris who was zoned out.

"Someones gotta go first. Who's it going to be?" Eric asked motioning to the black hole in the concrete at the base of the building.

"You got it pal. I saw you jump, go I'll be right behind." Serenity grinned and shoved Eris forwards. Eris stumbled and caught herself before falling. "I guess I'll go first.." She said, silently cursing Serenity.

Eric took his time looking Eris up and down again before hopping off the ledge so she could get up. "Show us what you're worth stiff." Eric said, turning to face her his arms crossed eliciting some giggles from the transfers.

Eris stood at the top of the ledge, gazing down at the hole below. 'Not the worst way to die..' she thought before turning on her heel and letting gravity pull her off the ledge and down. Warmth spread across her body as she fell, the wind rushed around her, the gray Abnegation dress billowing as she fell. A strange feeling of peace spread over her, which was short-lived as she hit the net at the bottom of the pit and caught her, knocking the air from her lungs. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness as she rolled off the net, landing on hard concrete floors. Covering her face with her hair once more.