Chapter 1

I was walking down the gravel path, greeting the neighbors as I walked by. 

"Good morning Richie." Mrs. Gracy greeted me with a smile and wave.

"Good morning Mrs. Gracy!" I smiled and waved back. As I walked away, I saw the twins, Fire and Snow. 

"Morning Richie!" They both said in unison, stopping in front of me and greeting me.

"Hey guys!" I greeted the two opposite twins 

"Richie! Richie! Look!" Snow lifted his hands up, raising them palm up and together. In the middle, some magic manifested from snows hand. The magic swirled until it compacted itself into a sphere and became solid. "I can make a snowball now!" Snow look up at me with excitement. 

"That's awesome snow! You've really been improving!" I patted snows head. 

"Wait, I learned something as well!" Fire interjected. He then pointed his hand towards the ground a few feet away from him. Some magic gathered, then shot out of his hand in a small flame. "See! See!" Fire looked to me, awaiting his praise. 

"That's very impressive! You guys are getting so good with your magic!" I praised them. Since they were the only other two in the village with magic, we usually hung out and trained together. 

"What about your magic! did you learn something new?" Snow asked, both Snow and Fire looked at me with twinkles in their eyes.

"I didn't really learn something new, I've just been trying to improve what I already have." I rubbed the back of my neck, letting out a nervous chuckle. 

"Awww... I really wanted to see some cool new thing!" Snow whined.

"You will Snow! Just not right now!" I tried to reassure Snow, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Can we still see your magic Richie!" Fire interrupted.

"Not right now guys, I'm going to uncle Dericks house." I said, suddenly remembering where I was going.

"Is your mom making you go help him with his shop again?" Fire asked.

"Nope! Uncle Dericks going on a supply run to Atlandtide and I'm going with him!" I said proudly. They both looked at me with faces of awe.

"You going to Atlandtide!" Snow repeated.

"Yup!" I confirmed.

"I wanna go too!" Fire whined, "can I come to!" Fire pleaded.

"Yeah, I wanna come as well!" Snow joined.

"You guys can't come, sorry. You guys are too young." I apologized, "plus, as compensation for uncle taking me, I have to help him load boxes." I said in a dejected tone. It's a piece I'm willing to pay. I reassured myself.

"I would move boxes to go! " Fire didn't back down.

"Yeah, me too!" Snow backed him up. 

"No, you guys wouldn't. You wouldn't be able to pick up the boxes and even if you did, you would fall over the second it left the ground." I said bluntly. I was going to be real with them, their pretty weak at the moment. Their both five and have never carried a box in their life. 

"Not true!" Fire defended. "I could lift like, three boxes!" Fire exaggerates.

"No, no you can't Fire." I cross my arms.

"I'm going to have to agree with Richie on this one Fire." Snow states, grabbing Fires hand.

"Whatever!" Fire pouts.